Sunday, September 11, 2011

I drink a little coffee with my creamer...


Well, hello there sunshine!
How are my wonderful blogging friends on this beautiful day?
Are you ready to tackle the world with your wit, charm and talent? 
Are you wondering why I sound so "perky" 
Wanna know my secret?

It's because I'm completely jacked up on COFFEE!!!

This cheerful demeanor is brought to you by my dear friend Folgers....
for without it, I'd probably be blogging from cell block C. 


I love these vintage signs, but not as much as I love a great challenge at


WOO HOO!!!

Your not going to want to miss today's post, because there are going to be 
winners, winners, winners, 
from last week's FIRST BIRTHDAY BLOG HOP!!!
Also, our winners of the blog candy!
But before you go,
here's our amazing sponsor for this weeks 
Anything Goes Challenge.

Kerry is very generously offering the winning commenter
a stamp of their choice to the value of £6.50!!!

Also...
I can't hold it in any longer.
I HAVE to show you my 
PICK OF THE WEEK!

This very humorous, play on words card, is from
Dawn Lancaster at
Thanks for the giggles, Dawn.
Love your card!



Here's my Make It Monday DT sample to get you started.
 This awesome stamp is from Kerry at Ladybug Crafts, Inc and is called

Coffee With Your Creamer?
The basket is made from Oriental Trading's 
Summer Template Pack

Nikki is so much fun to color, 
but I kept her colors subdued brown and blue to match the coffee paper basket

The sentiment is also a stamp from Ladybug Crafts Inc

Coffee Talk paper from a local scrapbook store


Well, that's it for this post, but I just wanted to say 
THANK YOU
for all the wonderful comments last week and for the amazing Birthday Wishes that everyone left for Make It Monday's 
First Birthday Blog Hop!

Have a great day everybody and thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
Lisa xx


Supplies Used:
1 1/2" brown ribbon (Michaels)
1/4" taupe ribbon (Stampin' Up!)
Antique Brads (Stampin' Up!)
Inks: Nikki (Black ink from Close to my Heart), colored her in with Close to Cocoa and Bashful Blue (Stampin' Up!)
Gold Glitter glue, 3D dots, Fiskar scissors.









16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun little basket! Your friend is sure to enjoy this sweet gift. Thanks for inspiring us again this week at Make It Monday! :-)

Margaret said...

As if it wasn't bad enough you were peeking in my windows for your blogger pics, now you have friends designing stamps of me drinking my coffee...But I digress...I love your gift basket! The paper is so perfect for this image and your coloring is awesome. Had to laugh at your vintage coffee signs. My DH says before my coffee, I sound like Frankenstein "Uhhh....Coffee...Good..."

Regina said...

What an adorable basket! The image is fun, made me smile!

Mary J said...

Oh Lisa, I just loved reading your post - you are so creative!

Your Nikki make is just brilliant - love all of the details! You can send it to me at... ;)

Love your pick too - he is so much fun!!

M x

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. love your post and those vintage signs !
Your coffee basket is a fabulous idea - and slobbing Nikki is coloured beautifully.
Love your pick of the week - what a fab play on words
Lisa x

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi LisaM..What a laugh ! your post is so interesting . Your basket project is a super showcase of our sponsor's image.
And it is a fun card from your pick of the week .
Those fun vintage signs were not vintage when I was a girl .....
hugs Shirley-anne

Wendy said...

Fantastic basket Lisa,fab image,thanks for inspiring us at Make it Monday...Fab card for your pick of the week.
Wendy xx

Lori said...

Darling basket and your Nicki is adorable!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I SOOOO love everything about this basket. It is wow wow. I can see a lot of time, thought and love went into this awesome project.

Kerrie said...

What a fun post .... Coffee gets me going in the morning, that my staff wish I would stick to water(lol).. Now what a cute basket you'd have created, and such a fun image, now love you pick of the week, very boyish indeed!

Kathlene said...

Just LOVE your sweet basket. The image is perfect and beautifully colored. What a lovely gift for someone. TFS! xoxo

Shannon White said...

OMGosh Miss Lisa this is Super CUTE! 8-) Love your Fab Basket and what a perfect image too! You colored her up so beautifully Lady! Love the clever vintage coffee signs too! Too funny! I love visiting your Blog, so inspiring and I always leave with a smile!8-)

Big Hugs to you!
Shannon

nnalorac said...

This is fab. Love the image, perfect for such a treat basket. Thanks for inspiring us on MIM. Carolxx

Chrissy said...

OMG...I am so sorry..I didnt send you a comment Hun!! just throw me up at the wall and shoot me..I'm so sorry.I saw your basket on the MIM blog post and thought Oh! look, how cute, thats really lovely, then my brain must have thought I wrote, it.Anyway ,it really is cute..love the coffee sachets,and fab image.
And the reason that I found out now..is I went through my comments as someone wanted a tutorial on the tiny book I made..and IT WAS YOU!!
The secret to the pages staying so neat is cut them the size you want and fold them individually..then put them inside each other, throw on the cover and staple through the spine.
Hope thats helps...

Luv CHRISSYxx

miislucky said...

I thought this was a real cute and lovely card that I saw on MIM. Great job!

Kerry said...

Well this was certainly worth all the postal faff Lisa lol!!! Sorry I'm late...totally got my dates mixed up..my brain has imploded somewhere along the way lol. Anywho...LOVE what you've done with Slobbing Nikki...the colours are gorgeous and that basket would look perfect in my kitchen :-D xx