Sunday, May 18, 2014

My Blocks of Keepsakes ...

Hello! Hello!
I'm excited to show you the latest cut file from The Cutting Cafe called Blocks.
Here is my creation using the set of all 3 block sizes.

Each set of blocks come with either an attached or detached lid.  Here I've cut out the 3 sizes of blocks with the attached lid and their corresponding layers which come with the file as well. The small black items are hinges that are included for accessories and you'll see those later in the photos.



If you look at the above photo, you might think that this project is a bit large; however, I wanted to give you adequate size proportions by pairing them all with a mouse.

Here you can see that you actually work on quite an adorable small scale.




 
 And the boxes decorated up with their          corresponding designer paper layers.

   



A close up of the smallest block on the tier
The second largest block.




 
   And here you see the base of the blocks; the                      largest, that measures  2.5".
              Big enough to handle 4 wood feet.
Places for keepsakes as each box opens








 Remember when you saw the hinges at the beginning? Here they are on the backside of my 3 block tier. I personally think Regina did a FABULOUS job on this cute cut file and there are so many extras included with this too. She even made pieces to turn the blocks into piggy banks!
So come on over and join in the fun at

Thank you So much for stopping in and I hope you have a crafty week!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

19 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Oh wow Lisa this is fantastic. You really do "think outside of the box".

richardbreaks said...

I just have no words to tell you how Amazeballs this is! It occurs to me that you have to find room to put all your monumental creations, unless you give them away, right away. Your home must have all kinds of great things to look at!

SD pooja said...

What a lovely project..these boxes are fab n I love how you have embellished them a lot :) !

Chrissy said...

Your stack of boxes are fantastic Lisa..love the papers and embellies and brilliant design and I need to see where you are going to put it..in the craft room maybe with paper clips and little things like that..or in my craftroom with paper clips and little things like that..FABULOUS.

luv CHRISSYxx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, oh, oh - you are on a real creative roll at the moment - I love your wild and wonderful tower of blocks! The Scrabble blocks down the side (wow, your name scores even lower than mine!), and the fabulous cheesecloth wisps, delicious texty butterflies and the bold patterned papers - they all add up to another brilliant make!
Alison xx

Mary J said...

Fantastic, Lisa! I wish I could be in your brain to see how you come up with all of these brilliant ideas!

Regina Easter said...

oh gracious and to think I just got my back better now you can making me FALL OFF MY CHAIR WITH THIS MASTER PIECE.......UGH

Ina G said...

You never cease to amaze me with your talents. I love seeing everything you create as each piece is a work of art. This latest one is just gorgeous. Love all the little nitty gritty bits you have added t make this look so spectacular.

Tammy said...

What a wonderful place to keep personal treasures! Absolutely fabulous and awesome adornments! You really aced the cut file!

Sandy said...

Look at you go - a creative tower just for Lisa! I know because her name is on it!! I am so excited - I do see a witch and I do love witches. We should all embrace the witch withing ourselves. What appears as dress silhouettes are really cats. Withes always recognize their kin folk. Do you see that butterfly on that cat's tail! You are so clever Lisa - and I love walking down pretend streets with you!!
Sandy xx

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

what a gorgeous work of art!

Lori said...

This is fabulous - love the stacked blocks and all the color. My favorite is the addition of the sweet dresses. Darling!

Pia S said...

Fantastic, I like this messy yet organized design, so fun! I love visiting your blog, it's such a surprise to see what you've been working on between your posts:)

Unknown said...

Wowza L2, this is freaking awesome. I love this!!! Your imagination is really something and I love seeing what you do with Regina's files. Yahoo for me because I get my Cameo soon. :) Love, love, love this!!! xx

Karon said...

This is so fabulous and I love those black hinges! Wonderful creation as always :-)

~ dee ~ said...

Boy, you really have the gift of creativity. It takes a real artist to craft something like this. It is beautiful!

Angeline Choo said...

Absolutely FABULOUS Lisa!! This is just a WOW project.

Margaret said...

Ohhh...LOVE this one too! I too was thinking this must be huge until I noticed the scrabble tiles. This is so soft and pretty, and while it's a really simple part of the whole creation, I LOVE the script butterflies!!!!

Tracy said...

Those boxes could be used in so many ways. I love your take on them. The perfect little hidey holes for little treasures Twang. The dress forms and metal brackets are cool. Hugs!