Tuesday, October 4, 2011

And People Look at Me Funny...

Say, What?
This is my Top Tip Tuesday DT card 
which is based off our our 
VERY COOL
challenge!
It's...
SKETCH TIME 
Incredibly fun sketch by our very own
Samantha!!
(I've rotated the sketch to fit my card)

Here's our always fantastic sponsors:
2 digi images for a lucky winner
and 
Any 1 of their CD's.
and
Last but not least,
our NEW sponsor.
2 Awesome, AWESOME digis!

My tip for this week at Top Tip Tuesday is
 Give your stand alone images even more character
by adding a scenery to "explain" their pose or stance.
I love the expression on Tambry's face.  
It looks like she's trying to figure out what is going on behind her. 
So, I added a witch flying upside down.
Sort of to say, "And people look at me weird?..."

I hope you stop over and try out the very cool sketch
and check out what the other DT's have up their sleeves for you!

Supplies to note:
Cornstalk and witch silhouette - free from www.clipartpal.com
Stonewall - Beautiful Day Stamp Set by There She Goes
Colored with Derwent Watercolor Pencils

Challenges I would like to enter:




13 comments:

Chrissy said...

This is so awesome Lisa, great idea with the witch...clicked straight away..love the brick wall and fab colouring.Fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. this is fabulous .. i love that Halloween scene
Lisa x

Bettina L. said...

You've outdone yourself with this one. What a great halloween card;) Love the scene you've created and the colouring is amazing. Hugs Bettina

Karen said...

Oh me oh my! What have you done to one of my favourite images?? Hahaha! I'm kidding of course I LOVE her!! Such a cool idea and it's perfect for that expression on her face!! I'm laughing so much here sweetie! :0)
Just brilliant!!
Totally awesome! Smiles.xx

Mitralee said...

She is adorable! Love the cool pumpkins and the crazy witch!

Lori said...

Your card is darling! Love how you colored her green - just fabulous!

Rae said...

I have to tell you Lisa, somehow she is scary and cute at the same time! How is that possible? :) Great card!

Anonymous said...

spooky! awesome, love the way you rotated it and also the items you have used to make of the elements, great job! hugs me :0)

Lisa Cornwall said...

Hi Lisa, Gorgeous Halloween card. Love the colours. The moon is so beautiful. x

By the way I am Craftybirdlisa - As I am a Lisa and my hubby calls me his "Bird" Hence the name. Am pleased it made you smile. (I am sure it was cause he couldn't remember my name to start with !! lol)

Hugs

Lisa x

Caroljenks said...

Lisa this is awesome - I think you have got it spot on with the 'and people look at me weird' look - she REALLY does look like she's thinking that and she's holding her hand up as if to point and the upside-down witch too!!! Perfectly read image - and your Tip about the background is fab - yours really does set the story for this great image - Love it!

Carol x

Elaine Stark said...

You have made a great Halloween feel to this card. A great take on the sketch. Elaine

Margaret said...

Great card! You always do such a wonderful job of telling a story with your cards!! I couldn't help but think that it reminded me of my oldest DD and me, which would also be followed up with "Who is that lady?!"

Mary J said...

Brilliant - fantastic colouring!!