Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dream Home On A Rope...

Log Cabin Milk Carton #7
I created the carton this morning based on my inspiration from Linda's 
EVER WONDERFUL and INSPIRATIONAL 
12 Tags Of Christmas Challenge.
Here is Linda's tag #7
at 
As soon as I saw this tag, I felt like I was looking out a window into the snow covered woods.
Then I thought, if I was looking out a window, what would the house look like?
Well, it would look like my dream home...a log cabin!
Here's how I assembled this challenge.

Make the milk carton frame
Punch a 1.5"x 1.5" square out of cardstock
Place cardstock onto the carton where you want the windows and using an X-ACTO Knife,
cut out each window.

Using the same cardstock as the house, cut thin strips of paper to make the widow separations 
and adhere them to the backside of the carton.


The days before a Big Shot

I did replace my BigShot recently, but I had to use something unused or not used in a very long time for ABC Christmas Challenge ,so...
I took my Fiskar wood grain texture plate and the little Fiskar impessions tool, which I haven't used in eons, and hand embossed the outside of the carton.
Using Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!) and White Pigment Ink (CTMH),
stained the exterior of the house.

I took a strip of acetate and cut 2" x "2 squares and placed them over the window slats to make "glass."

Next I applied 3D foam above and below the window.

Once I had googled, "Log Cabin Christmas" I set the images to measure 2" x 2"
and then laid them onto the sticky foam.

Here is the result

Assembled Log Cabin Home
Each window peeks into a Christmas living room

Window A

Window B

 Window C

 Window D
The windows looked adorable, but they needed a pop of color so I made 8 red Dutch Shutters and scored each one for definition and drew on the hinges, handles and accessories and then "weather proofed" them with Close to Cocoa stain as well.
Because Linda's tag has snowflakes and pine cones,
I recreated my impression of snow with Acrylic Dimensional Writer and  the trees draping around the window with faux moss; also accented with "snow."

Well, that's my lengthy but hopefully inspirational holiday post.
Hope you've enjoyed it.
Thank you SO much for stopping in to visit and
Happy Stamping to you...
Lisa xx

Challenges I would like to enter:
The Funkie Junkie - 12 Tags Of Christmas #7
ABC Christmas - U is for Unused Stash (Fiskar Woodgrain texture kit)
Jingle Belles - Christmas; Soft & Cozy (Gentle snow and warm fire and tree lights)










22 comments:

Chrissy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lisa...I'm so impressed...all the wonderful details.Love the moss stuff over the windows and the red shutters..and all the different scenes inside..so cute and pretty...well done..fabulous work.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

WOOHOO MY KIND OF CRAFTING!!!!! gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous I love this Lisa!!!!!! What a fabulous creation !!!!! Wow excellent job my friend and now you can make a whole village with these!!!!! WOWWWW!!!!

SmilynStef said...

Love the step-by-step instructions for those fantastic carton ... love that you hand embossed too ... thanks for joining us at jingle belles.

Helen said...

Wow - this is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge...it doesn't have to be a card...we welcome any project as long as it's Christmas themed.
Hleen x

Mitralee said...

Ohhhh this lil baby is a cutie! I love it! I am so inspired! Lisa you have such an amazing way of turning something into a work of art!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

WOW, this is fabulous!!!!

June Houck said...

Beautiful carton!

Anonymous said...

Lisa this is stunning I LOVE your project and great to see your unused stash too! how clever are you! great job!

Thanks 4 coming to play with us this week for our U is for Unused Stash @ ABC Christmas Challenge, its so much fun seeing everyone using something they had forgot about or not used yet! we have NO limit on entries, so the more times you play the more chances you have to win! Hugs Samantha

Hanna said...

WOW, Lisa, I just can't get over how incredibly talented and creative you are! This is absolutely OUTSTANDING! This is so cute! WOW WOW WOW! You've taken my breath away with this total masterpiece, Lisa, it's awesome indeed! A big, big WOW!!!
I'm superduper-mega-impressed. Love the wood-feel you've created onto your cardstock, it's absolutely lovely, and the snow... again, WOW.

sending you big hugs from Sweden
Hanna

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

You are one of the most imaginative and creative crafters I have seen. Lisa, this is just too utterly amazing. The level of detail you included here is just incredible. Every little detail down to googling the interior shots - WOW, I am just floored by this one. You are really raising this tag challenge to new levels! SOOOO happy you decided to join in the fun. Each week's milk carton is better than the last (how is that even possible???). Can't wait for next week's!

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Hugs,
Linda

lauren bergold said...

holy wow! what an astonishingly creative & clever project!

Lisa Jane said...

woweee - i want to live in there it looks soooo cosy .. genius idea
Lisa x

Ina G said...

Lisa - your milk carton creations are OUT OF THIS WORLD. You are SO CREATIVE. I have those fiskars texture plates and forget to use them. Really must get them out. We tend to forget them when we have a machine to do it for us. Love looking at you MASTERPIECES.

Scrumplescrunch said...

I would love to be epigrammatic and explain myself in verse re this wonderful carton you have made Lisa but unfortunately I am not that clever. I think it is gorgeous, and has such wonderful details, it is a special piece among your 7.
Apologies for not commenting sooner, I have been away for 4 days, I hope to do my creation before the next one is due!!!!!
Smiles:)

Unknown said...

This is just lovely! I love the snow on the windows! Thanks for playing my prompt at Jingle Belles this week! :)

LeAnne said...

Wow, what a project! Your directions are wonderful....and you have infinite patience to make them and this lovely little 3D item! My parents built a log cabin and now my brother lives in it, so it is a pleasant reminder of home!

Margaret said...

I know I've said this a million times, but this is so amazing and awesome! Each carton is fabulous in it's own way and I can't wait to see them all together! I love the peeking in aspect of the windows!

Lisa said...

great entry for Jingle Belles - this is an amazing project!

Delphine said...

Gorgeous project! Great design and wonderful details! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

Shelby said...

Wow arent' you the talented paper crafter!! This is absolutely stunning. I would love to do something this intricate and beautiful, but my adult onset of ADD prevents such an event:)

Shelby

Marie Bingaman said...

Well, this is just excellent! So darn cute! :)

Unknown said...

Hold the phone, I LOVE this and the detailed how-to info. This is so cool and I am going to have to make this as well. I better get moving, thanks for the mojo!