Wednesday, November 19, 2014

NASCAR & Glass Jars...Let us All Give Thanks....

Hey ya'll! Welcome back to my blog..
Here's a little Autumn centerpiece I'd like to share with you today.

It's been a fun month guest designing with Serendipity Stamps and I am so happy to share with you my last project where we were asked to recycle or repurpose something for the holidays.
Boy howdy was I ever excited to get started.
I began by choosing the most fabulous Floral Dragonfly Die and Stamps Set, Pumpkin Die, and Wheat Sheaf Cling Set as my inspiration.
Steps;
1.) Cut several die cut pieces out
2.) Spray backside of die cuts with repositionable adhesive spray
3.) Adhere die cuts to glass jars and secure firmly
4.) Spray jars in well ventilated area with  Rust-Oleum Frosted Glass
 
5.) Find an old serving tray or Nascar TV tray, like I have here, and cover it with 
6.) Let the paints dry and peel off the die cuts from glass jars and decorate.
7.) Plop a cute little tea light candle inside, light, and enjoy. 
  
8.) Don't throw away the original die cuts either. Find a twig from your yard or tree and stick the die cuts to them and add them in a and about your centerpiece.
I've also made a name placard to match the centerpiece motif.  
So there you have it.  You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the redneck out of the girl! ;) 
Which is why I'll always be thankful for NASCAR, glass jars, spray paint and Serendipity Stamps!!
Hope this idea inspires you for creating your own recycled decorations. If so, I'm sure they'd love to have you join them over at the challenge blog for their Thankful theme.
 
This week’s sale is Free Shipping on any US order of $15 or more.
 Offer good through Nov 26.  

Ya'll are awesome and I'm so happy you stopped by. I am feeling MUCH better today so thank you for all your sweet comments, texts and calls making sure I was okay. 
Big HUGE hugs and happy crafting!
Lisa xx

Please visit these lovely ladies for more recycling and re-purposing ideas.

21 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Clever and beautiful! You are a champion recycler!

Chrissy said...

Oh WOW!! Lisa..this is a fantastic decoration..I love the jars with the dragon flies and tea lights and all your details..you are so clever..Glad you are feeling better and the tissues have been removed..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW those dragon flies look stunning
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Pia S said...

This is so decorative, Lisa! You've arranged everything so beautifully!

Marybeth said...

Wow , Lisa this is truly amazing! Mary will love your recycling . Such a beautiful decoration and you went all out , thanks for the step by step photos! You have been a wonderful guest designer and we were lucky too have you.

Sarah said...

Another outstanding creation Lisa!! xx

Jane said...

How pretty Lisa and what a great piece of recycling x

Jeanne J. said...

OMG!!! I totally flipped when I saw this Lisa! You are the QUEEN of repurpose and this challenge was right up your ally (trying to think of a clever race car tie in - I'm from Indiana after all... hmmm... ) You amaze me every single time. I love the frosted glass votive holders and what a delight to have around for the holidays! The photo with the distressed antique chair is eye candy! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, lovely lovely! I can feel the warmth of the glow from here. What a fabulous recycled assemblage - gonna have to explore this Rust-Oleum Frosted Glass of which you speak!! So clever to use the die-cuts and then peel them off again - marvellous!
Alison xx

Karen Amidon said...

WOW, and WOW, this is just stunning, Lisa! I had to get a piece of pumpkin pie while taking in all in! It has been such a pleasure to have you as a guest designer...I hope we get to see more of you!

Karon said...

Oh my goodness - see, now whose the clever one and I want to climb in your head LOL! This is stunning. TFS.

Ina G said...

You imagination has no bounds always so creative. Love all the elements you added on this one Lisa. Keep them coming. Just another stunning creation.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Another Wow creation Lisa, I always love visiting your blog your makes are so unique and wonderful I love this
Kevin xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a beautiful centerpiece! It would make any table shine! Gorgeous use of the lace pieces too!

Tracy said...

You go Redneck girl! That is one awesome mix of ideas. You must be runnin' low on moonshine with all them empty jars. hee hee Glad to hear you're on the mend Twang. Hugs! H

Marie-Louise said...

Oh wow Lisa you are always so inventive. This is brilliant.

Sandy said...

What a gorgeous decorated chair! I would love to see the inside of your home oh talented friend. I come from and live in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Now where do you think those "good old boys" got their driving skills? Running white lightning back in these hills. I plead guilty, I have been to my share of races - then it was the Winston Cup Series. I am lucky - I got to go racing with the "good old boys" from the past. My favorite driver? Today it has to be Jr. - back then it was the driver of car # 3 - the one and only Dale Ernhart (sp). Don't care much for these pretty boys like Jeff Gordon. Sorry, I did not mean to get carried away! Love that chair Lisa!!
Sandy xx

Mitralee said...

I really love dragonflies! I was so excited to see them used with two of my favorite types of spray paint! So pretty! What a super cool centerpiece! WHHOOOHHHHHOOOOO! you rock!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are so clever!!! Love the altered tray and the centerpiece is FABulous L2. :)

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Beautiful display. ..love the warm lighting and the dragonflies hovering! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Lisa.

Patricia St Martin said...

Love this and I have not heard Redneck said in a long time. Since I do not live in the UP anymore and I do not hear Upper anymore. Love what you did with your dragonfly's and pumpkins. Your arrangement turned out amazing.
Hugs, Pat