Monday, November 24, 2014

Nicecrane Design Ornaments....

I am feeling so much better today and I believe that the skin under my nose is finally starting to heal...yeah! Since I do feel more human, I decided it would be good to renew my relationship with the elliptical machine again....SO stupid! 
Funny that I thought the flu was trying to kill me. Let me not get started on that death machine...
Anywho...
I was able to shuffle myself into the craftroom this weekend and decided that I would have a little play with Ignacio's latest images Funny Christmas Ball I and II.
They began on Silhouette cut rosettes
and then for some idiotic reason I thought learning origami at 4 in the morning wouldn't be taxing at ALL on my brain...  Let's not go there either!
But lookie here, I did it!  I would recommend a full 8 hours of sleep and perhaps actually finishing one cup of coffee before starting, but if you'd like to make these as well...here's the link.
HINT: They give you instructions on how to fold paper to make the beginning hexagon shape...I have a cutting machine that cut one out for me and then I varied the sizes for small, medium and large.

Each rosette is double sided and layered with an ornament ball.  


The foliage and pinecone are made from the TH Tattered Pinecone Sizzix Alterations. Papers are from 7 Gypsies and all colored surfaces are with TH distress paints.
The files are so much fun to play with. Ignacio makes each sheet the with the perfect amount of layering circles and it's up to you how you'd like to decorate them. I think these will be going on some gifts this year.
Thanks EVER so much for visiting me!
Hugs n' Happy Crafting,
Lisa x
Psst...also this...
Coming SOON!

19 comments:

Sarah said...

Totally brilliant, as ever!! xx

Chrissy said...

So glad you feeling better Lisa and I just love your Christmas ornaments.The art of paper folding is beyond me,even folding my cards ready to assemble usually ends a up crooked..Love the sweet images and gorgeous designs..
luv CHRISSYxx

Ellibelle said...

Such stunning creations!

Pia S said...

How you manage to put everything together like this is beyond me. Give me the same material and ask me to assemble it all and I'll make a mess. Very impressed by your artwork!

Ina G said...

So much GORGEOUSNESS added here Lisa. I dare say you will still be crafting if you were bedridden with the flu. Love'em. So very sweet.

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love the origami stars!
Looking forward to VOSP...

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are fabulous Lisa, wonderful designs
Kevin xx

Mitralee said...

These are SUPER PRETTY! So awesome-sauce! Nice job! Glad to hear you are feeling better...well mostly! Love your little pinecones! You are so good at those kind of things! Mine turn out like roses...

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So glad you are better! AND....OMGOSH!!! Layered circles to create a complete 3D design?!!! Genius!!! I totally adore this idea...might need to lift it!!!

Tracy said...

Aw Twang you sure know how to make a crafting experience unique. LOL I thought we had decided that those exercise machines were better suited as clothes racks naughty girl. ;-) The rosettes with the images and those awesome stars, oh and don't forget the pine cones...fantastic!!! Hugs! H

Kelly said...

These are both gorgeous!! I love them, you are so funny, origami at 4am, that must have been quite the show, wish I was there laughing with you, you had to have been laughing at yourself, lol Sounds fun and look how gorgeous these turned out! My elliptical is a accessory in the den, hehe
Hugs Kelly

Karon said...

See there you go - now who wants to marry who LOL! I adore these, the layers and details and your wonderful origami!! Glad you are feeling much better, thanks for always bringing a smile to my face with your whimsical comments ;-) Hugs, Karon.

Unknown said...

Wow, these look amazing!!! Love each one and sorry to hear you've been under the weather L2. I've been under a rock lately, not really just super busy. ;) I hope you are on the mend girl. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Marie-Louise said...

Lisa sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well. For some reason your posts are not coming up on my reading list. These are brilliant. You have marvellous talent.

Sandy said...

I did not know you were sick -- I was not absent because you are contagious, I was absent because I am behind!! I believe it is called
noassatitis!

Dang gone Lisa, you are so very talented!! Love this lid!!

I have to admit, I am somewhat intimidated by being on the same Christmas blog as you - but I am so tickled too! Just imagine, you and me - pals!!
love,
Sandy xx

Jeanne J. said...

Drop dead gorgeous! Vintage images and yummy layers and embellishments... I'm in heaven here!

Words and Pictures said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better - and OMG, this catch up visit is not good for my heart! Another completely glorious post - so much dimension, layering, beautiful festive goodness... jeepers!
Alison xx

Patricia St Martin said...

So glad you are feeling better. I can just hear you sniffle and see your red nose, you poor thing. OK this time you done it now you are going to have to do a tutorial on how you folded you stars, inquiring mines what to know!!! Please!!! I love Ignacio's images and you did an awesome job with them. You also did amazing job with your pinecones. I really like these ones I love how your decoupage them by layering all the layers. These are wonderful!
Hugs, )Pat

gajjju said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.