Stained Glass Fairy Flitting on Her Abode
(Sorry it's a long post, but this one took flight....some pun intended)
This was a BLAST to create!
Altered Image of Original Silhouette
I am so honored to have won at
and my prize is...
to Guest Design for this challenge!!!
So, thank you to the very sweet and talented ladies for allowing me
to craft with you!
Today's Challenge is...
SOMETHING OLD / SOMETHING NEW
The amazing Sponsor for this challenge is
Be sure to click on the
Paper Creations Ink Icon
to go directly to the challenge
and see the entry rules.
You won't be disappointed!
Once I so graciously received the image and paper samples to use for this project, I immediately went to my Summer Template Pack and got out the birdhouse and made this in black cardstock. Placed a roof on top from my scrap bin. Then I moved along to the image.
The silhouette is called
and I really wanted her to stand out.
So for my "Something Old," I used one of my favorite old techniques. I printed her out on clear acetate paper, cut out the design, flipped it over and highlighted her with a range of blues and mild yellows in Copics. Once finished, I cut a square of aluminum foil and crumpled it up and then flattened it back out and adhered it to the back of the image. Flipped it back over and now she looked beautifully stained glass.
When I went to figure out where she was going to go on the house, I realized she was waaaay to big to place anywhere in the front, so I knew I would mount her on the roof, sort of flitting on the roof of her home.
I printed out the gorgeous winter papers, also supplied from Floppy Latte's and tore strips of each of them as well as a few papers from my stash, to make the 'shingles' on the roof.
I cut a slit in the roof and secured the fairy in position.
From here, I placed glue ALL over the roof and sides of the house and went completely nuts with glitter. I will be digesting it for months to come!
I then took small strips of vellum and secured them to the roof as well, punched out snowflakes from more of the sponsor's papers and taped them to the strips of vellum for a "falling snow" appearance.
I added a ledge under the window, a frame around the window and some faux moss to bring more nature into the project.
For my "Something New," I used some feathers that my Grandmother gave me over Thanksgiving and thought, 'Well, birdhouse? Makes sense!" So I placed a few on or around the window and then decided that if it is the fairy's home, she should have feathers too. So, I cut little slats where the original printed image of her wings were and slid in a few feathers to substitute.
Phew.....if you made it all the way down here,
I'm done now!
CRUD...I'm not done...
I thought it was adorable, but had no idea what I'd do with it.
I took a break and came back to it.
Here's what I came up with...
I'd just like to say thank you again for this wonderful opportunity and
THANK YOU for all of you who encourage me on a daily basis.
I truly enjoy the interaction and the inspirational "fix" that I get from all of you!
Go check out
and have a BLAST with this challenge.
Hugs and Happy Stamping!