Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Time For Everything.....

Hello to you and welcome back!
It's the 5th project in a set of 6 for our little group, Technicolor Trio of Tempting Treats and here is my make for this week's project.

The elements for this challenge are the following:
1.) Triptych ( a set of 3 intended to be appreciated with one another)
2.) Drips and Drops to make a design
3.) Inchies
4.) Configuration of frames in any design or layout

I couldn't wait to combine all these incredible elements together because not only do I find them so pleasing to the eye, but...

Many of these items come from very special bloggers who have sent me care packages and I couldn't wait to create with them.

The clock you see here arrived in the mail yesterday from Mitra!! The stamp in the bottom left, that came from Sue over a year ago. It's one of my favorite background stamps.


 I had to create a triptych design so I removed the clock face and stamped in Versamark this butterfly and then clear embossed with powder.

Distress Inks were then applied in Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Broken China and then cut to separate to simulate the triptych style.

 I used my very old square punch to create a square of cardstock that would be my template to trace on some cork rings I found in a thrift store.

Cutting out the cork into four pieces and then covering them with burlap, crinoline, sheet music and newspaper, I now had the backgrounds for the inchies.
Another wonderful bloggy friend of mine, Lisa (L1)  just sent me these Glass Beads that you can mix with paints and WOW...so much fun!
Anyone recognize my little mixing cup and brush?  
Yep, it's the cup from Nice n' Easy Touch Up for gray hair.  LOVE the cup, had to recycle that!




 Okay, so here's the glass beads painted on with Bundled  Sage and in the background you'll see that I'm getting ready to spritz color to make a faux patina base.

I spritzed with Melted Chocolate, Fresh Lime and later on decided to add Vibrant Turqouise in Dylusions Ink Spray.
Mercy me! Would you look at that texture and color?  I loved doing the spritzing and watching as the drips rolled down the clock.
Once the colors were done running, I heated them with a heat tool and watched as the bubbles and more texture arrived.

The green, blue and brown are the colors to use for creating a patina, but now I needed to subdue the color and let the Bundled Sage take over again.









 Another close up showing the colors as they drip and glide over the glass bead and gesso base.
Here I've started adding back over the top a mixture of  Bundled Sage, Antique Linen and Picket Fence Distress Paints.

Next phase is to add more frames. 
I cut out two paper frames on my Cameo and then glued them to actual metal frames that were then glued to the sides of the clock; which I also used as a frame, of sorts....
The addition of Shabby Blue Opaque Frantage was added for the golden hue of the patina and I'd love to thank Sandy for that as well!!!

These are the finalized photos where you can see the theme of my project coming together.

I couldn't resist using this measuring tape ribbon and that had a school time, childlike feel to it, so I went with the idea that from childhood, one's dreams are created.  There should always be time for cultivating those dreams and for keeping a playful attitude in everything we do.
So, I needed little inchies and these children from Ignacio at Nicecrane Designs gave me the perfect little images.
These are called Amazing Cute Kiddies II; which will be arriving in his store shortly!

Here is the right frame with butterflies from Ignacio's set called Colorful Spring Butterflies 3

The center theme with Play

And the left frame with Dream and more butterflies.

And there you have it,
Dream, Play, Laugh...
wonderful words to live by

 I had such a blast making this and I can't wait to see what Onion and Mitza Pitza have up their sleeves. Please pop over and take a looksie too!

OH, one last thing. 
Two weekends ago I found a cool idea on Pinterest and my husband was completely on board!
Items necessary for the task, Frog Tape, Washi tape, and concrete paint.
Our front porch thanks to crafting supplies and paint...WOO HOO!

Thanks so much for your visit.  I truly appreciate your time and comments.
Hugs n' Happy Crafting,
Lisa x

25 comments:

Mitralee said...

EEEK! OMG! Fainting!

Annie said...

Lisa.....this is wonderful !!! I love this fab project....such a delight to the eyes. I adore the altered clock and the wonderful frames.

Thank you for sharing the How To.

Huge hugs
Annie x

Thank you for your sweet comments.... Really appreciated x

Marie-Louise said...

What a totally fabulous project Lisa. Love what you did with the porch.

Anonymous said...

Hunny this is another awesome project you have an amazing talent hunny... have you thought about selling some of your makes? hugs me xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

I love this Lisa, the more I look at it the more I see, fantastic!!
Kevin xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Q,
Well this I think is my favourite so far. Love the inchies and all the texture that surrounds this creation, it is conceptual in design and not for the faint hearted, goodness what an interesting piece of work.
Smiles:)
O

Tammy said...

Amazing, interesting, and loaded with eye-appeal, FABULOUS creation! Your porch looks beautiful, great job!

Nicecrane Designs said...

OMG Lisa , your altered clock is absolutely amazing,,,,,love the vintage look,,, and the way you used my cute kiddies and butterflies,,,,,,it take me some minutes to appreciate each details,,,,, wowwww..

Pia S said...

Amaaaaaazing!!! Your eye for details and colors is impressive, Lisa! Thank you so much for showing photos from the making process, it's so inspirational to see how your work develops from start to end!

Adventures in Paperland said...

It's time L2.....do you know what for???? Hmmmmm Well, it's time you opened an Etsy shop so I can go shopping chica. I'm not kidding either, this is WAY COOL and I love that you added the glass beads to it. Brilliant idea!!! It sure made the light bulb go off in my head since I just picked up a clock myself. I absolutely love everything about this project. Ignacio's images look amazing and the Scrabble tiles are perfection. Gorgeous colors and design are bonus eye candy. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Your porch looks fab too. :) xx

Mitralee said...

Ok back this time to review calmly and with decorum. THIS IS AMAZING! It was totally worth smashing that clock and the things my family said! I love that glass bead look just might have to give that a whirl myself! SO happy we are doing this challenge so much fun! (Still freaking out about all those FRAMES and the inches, so super cool!)

Chrissy said...

SOOO out of the box and totally sensational Lisa..love the step by step and the detailed description of dripping inks etc..brilliant project.
I loved your porch step too..I always wanted to do that and was told one could not..well!!..have I something to tell them..lol..

luv CHRISSYxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... the clock is amazing, Lisa. All those embellishments are gorgeous. Love your beautiful front porch, too.

SD pooja said...

I am all eyes !! Yes..two eyes are not enough to see this beauty..kept scrolling up n down..reading the details n gazing at the pics..THIS IS AWESOME..TRULY !! Yummy texture on the clock..n the colors WOW..those inchies are super cute !!

Karon said...

Amazing! Fabulous collection of items to use and love the finished result. I also love the front porch - what a fabulous fabulous idea!!! Have a great weekend.

Mary J said...

I so wish I was in your head, Lisa - another incredible, original piece of art!! I must admit that I thought that clock looked weird after you painted it and then the end result is just stunning! I want one now!

Your doorway is amazing too - clean yet welcoming!

Margaret said...

Oh my!!This is outstanding!It's like looking at a shabby chic take on a Bosch piece!! Garden of Earthly Delights has nothing on this!!
There are so many fabulous things used that I don't know if I can begin to pick a favorite part...

Marvelous work and now I am eagerly awaiting your final project, and the opening of your Etsy shop!!

Regina Easter said...

omg love it and LOVE THAT FRONT DOOR ENTRY

Jeanne J. said...

I would seriously love to spend a week just following you around - you turn so many every day little things into amazing works of art that just astound me. Always delighted by everything I see on your blog - even if it makes me feel lazy for sticking to paper and stamps.

Lori said...

Quite amazing and so smart how you created the triptych. Also really enjoyed the process photos!

Jenny Marples said...

Great way of altering that clock! Such a clever idea to put the frames on both sides. Love it! Jenny x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

How fabulous is this??? LOVE the altered clock, and the crackled and colored texture is amazing! So cool! You always amaze me with your designs girl!

Sandy said...

WOO HOO to you on that gorgeous front door. The color is splendid!
So is your wreath sugar.
Your Triptych is fabulous.
Sandy xx

Words and Pictures said...

Jeepers... how did I miss this one?! It's flying into the top favourites list... the texture and colour on that clock alone is to die for, but then all those wonderful scrabble tiles, beautiful butterflies, brilliant structure, delightful images on the burlap texture... and moss too!!! Love, love, love!
Alison xx

Tracy said...

You girls really pack the creative mojo in these projects Twang. Awesome! Love the doorway project too. Really makes a statement doesn't it. Hugs!