Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dabbling In The Shabby...


Shabby What? 
Hello!
I'm glad you stopped because I have a fun and unique challenge to share today.

It's Tuesday so that means that over at

Our challenge this week is....

SHABBY CHIC
If you're like me,  you just said, "huh?"
I had heard of it, but actually doing it was a whole other thing.

I asked a great cyber blobbing guru friend of mine, Sue, 
who is fantastic at doing Shabby Chic"ish" type cards, 

 "What exactly is Shabby Chic?

This is what she said...

"Almost anything is acceptable and there is no particular style"

She also added some guidelines.
* The cards are always made up of Pastels
(soft whites, pale pinks, muted grays, pale blues and greens)
Distressing
Vintage ephemera - lace, pearls, beads, old paper, flowers)
Add something 3D

Basically, take something new and make it look old.
For more of Sue's inspiration check out her blog at

Now if that hasn't got you running to your craft table yet,
check out TOP TIP TUESDAY'S amazing sponsors!

Digital Delights
3 Digital Stamps to our Random Org Winner

  &

Ooh La La Creations
1 CD to our Top Tipper

We also have some CRAZY AMAZING inspiration from our Design Team Members,
 so be sure to check them out and leave them some love.

And as ALWAYS, not only can you WIN a prize if you enter your card into our current challenge with Mr. Linky, but you can ALSO be eligible for an ADDITIONAL PRIZE if you have a TIP you'd like to SHARE.  
All you have to do is write your tip somewhere in your post and then when you link your project at 
TOP TIP TUESDAY, be sure to ADD TIP by your entry name and wa-la.....
Instantly you're IN the drawing!

Here is my inspirational photo


Here is my Top Tip Tuesday DT card
Front View
Inside View


Stamped an image, border punched the edge and fan folded a piece of vintage paper

Printed out a digi onto DP and then fan folded butterfly and added gems


Side View

Ok, it's all over to you now.
The possibilities are endless and we really look forward to seeing your interpretation of 
SHABBY CHIC

Supplies I used are:
Card measures 4.5" x 6"
4 DP papers from stash (Shabby Chic is perfect for using scraps)
Key and flower tags from K&C Co., LLC
Doily (Fancy Wal-mart purchase)
SU! Paper for the fan (Designer Series name unknown)
Spellbinders Nestabilities Fancy Tags
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Chandelier
Digi Images (butterflies, woman's image, image on the fan) all FREE
from Shery K. Designs.
Stash - Button, ribbon, pin, gems and roses
Stamp - Art Impressions G-2542; Eiffel Tower
Ink - SU! Close to Cocoa, Basic Black
Border Punch - Scallop Trim Border

Challenges I'd love to enter:
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - #104; Recipe (ribbon, button, swirl, hat pin)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never tried shabby chic before, so it was interesting to read all about it, thanks for sharing xx

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!! you nailed it! great fun card with so many different things to look at love love love it! :0)

richardbreaks said...

Wow, Lisa, I am just amazed! What a fantastic card! That one needs to be submitted for publication, I think, girlfriend!

Ina G said...

Lisa You never cease to amaze me with your abundance of talent. It seems you can create ANYTHING. This one is no exception. You always put so much into each card and I love looking at all your creations. Hope everything is going smoothly for you on your side of the world as all is well in Oz. Ina.

Lynn B. said...

Gorgeous card! I love every single element. And I love shabby chic although you'd never know it looking at my cards. I just don't do it very well. Maybe now I'll be inspired to practice. Thanks!

nnalorac said...

This is real Shabby Chic, wonderful card, so love it. On my way to comment on MIM card and just had to pop in by on the way! Carolxx

majsan said...

My oh my, what a beutiful creation!! Loved it, simply loved it!!

Shannon White said...

Wowzers Miss Lisa! This is GORGEOUS! You sure have a knack for Shabby Chic! And this is your first time, Wowzers! Your creation looks like you he been Shabby Chicing forever Girl! It's fabulous! This is a style that I love but it doesn't seem to come very naturally to me.. lol So I work at it here and there.. After seeing your Fabulous Creation I know I need Much more practice!LOL 8-) Thanks for the inspiration Miss Lisa!
And thanks so much for your Sweet comment on my blog!

Hugs to you!
Shannon

Margaret said...

OH WOW!!!!!!!!! I just know this is the not my birthday now card that you are going to send me! This is so stunning that I actually said "OHHHHHH!" when I saw it. My family is used to me talking to my computer screen, so it's ok... I don't know where to begin on what I love about this card. All of the embellishments are wonderful! You are the Queen of all things Shabby (wait, that didn't sound right...)Love this card!

Michelle said...

Wow Lisa, you totally rocked the shabby Chic!!

Well done! I think your embellishments are just perfect.

Michelle :o)

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous shabby Chic, love all the details.The butterfly is amazing.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen said...

Am I allowed to use the word Gobsmacked here? Lol... I have tried shabby chic once before and it was okay I guess. I have never truly understood it properly until now. Hun your creation is just perfect and truly of the best I have seen. LOVE it!!! :0)
Thanks for the explanation too. Maybe when another challenge comes up I might (note the might. Hehe.) have a go at this.xx

Unknown said...

Love, love, love your card. Gorgeous is an understatement and I love EVERYthing about it and totally agree with the commenter who said this card needs to be published.

Yes Indeed!
Hugs,
Lisa