Monday, September 10, 2012

Shadow Box Ornament Card

 Mother nature is being so fickle at the moment. The last four months were arid like the Sahara, the past few days have been a monsoon and then a little teaser of cool weather, but oh no....don't get excited, it's back to blistering, no...wait...now it's freezing.
  I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar!  But one thing I'm certain of, the challenge happening over at Squigglefly where we want to see POLKA DOTS!   Dots, dots n' spots. You got 'em? Then hand 'em over...we can't wait to see what you dream up. 
Here's the card I designed in between running to grab my parka and then speed changing into a swimsuit and then back to bundling up in my snuggie. 
This is a polka dotted shadow box card; which technically, I think is supposed to house the image in the back of the card, but I wanted you to be able to see the detail of  Lynne Stansbery's Ornament 4, so I've suspended it from the front, leaving only a true shadow in the back.  The Christmas floral and berry arrangement are mostly from Tim Holtz's Festive Greenery Die and a MS snowflake punch.
Ornament was colored in Derwent Watercolor pencils, highlighted with dots of stickles and ribbon glazed in clear accents.  
 
Please join us for some Dot fun at Squigglefly!
And while you're there, stop in and say hi to the wonderful DT and our new artist to the team Keith Williams. 
Hugs n' Happy Stamping...
Lisa xx


22 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the snowflakes and garland!

richardbreaks said...

That is CRAZY wicked fun!!! Too cool!!
That MS punch is the end of my right arm at Xmas time! Can't do anything without it! I have another kind, too, but it never works right for me. This is the ONE!

Nikbee said...

A gorgeous card. I love the flowers and berries.
Nikki x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

What a great design! That ornament is stunning and so is that big floral? arrangement. Just so pretty! :)

Lady E said...

Wow This is amazing! Absolutely adorable!
Hugs
Lady e

Lady E said...

Wow This is amazing! Absolutely adorable!
Hugs
Lady e

Shahrul Niza said...

Beautiful card!!. LOVE the goodies coming out, just like a Christmas taco :). Fun fun fun.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

WOW! What an amazing creation! This is over the top and gorgeous. I know Lynne Stansbery is gonna love it! Great work for the DT this week. Cheers, Holley

Holly Young said...

Lisa this is fabulous! I love how you've hung the ornament in the opening and all the snowflakes and greenery are wonderful! Really beautiful work!

Words and Pictures said...

Completely fab! The ornament looks just brilliant, and I LOVE the glazed ribbon - so sheeny and glamorous, and the distressed polka dots delight me too!
Alison x

Kathy Bradley said...

Lisa,
Beautiful and elegant card using one of Lynne's new images. Your floral spray is totally pretty!!

Chrissy said...

This is so awesome Lisa, I love all the leaf dies and berries, gorgeous ornament too..fantastic.

luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh wow love all those layers .. really festive
Lisa x

Lori said...

Very wonderful - love all the goodies that can be seen and what a gorgeous job on that ornament! (Sent you an email...)

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - so much color and creativity in this project - really pretty!

Maire Gamber said...

LOL! Your story of the ever changing weather made me laugh! You card is just super gorgeous! I don't know where cyou come with all your great ideas!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Tracy said...

I like it just the way you did it. A shadow is a shadow. :-) The different mediums you've used look so good together. It almost looks enameled. Stay warm, I mean cool, I mean dry.....I mean close to the closet! LOL Hugs Twang!

Shelby said...

You go girl this is just gorgeous. Love the layers of snowflaes and leaves and the suspended ornament is fantastic.

Shelby

Cheryl said...

Oh wow! I love your card design and all the snowflakes and garland.


--Cheryl--

Margaret said...

Gorgeousness!! Such a great idea to put the beautiful ornament on the outside where we can see it!! Love the greenery arrangement too!
A baby in a topless bar...you do have such a wonderful way with words! :)

Sonia said...

Oh dearest Lisa ,what a fantastic creation:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Sandy said...

Wow!!! Would you look at this - you are a fancy gal. Did you read Fancy Nancy - who inspires you? Beautifully done Lisa.
sandy