Saturday, April 16, 2011

What of Dreams in 3D


"What of the dreams
that never die?
Turn to your left at the end 
of the sky."
         ~ ee cummings

What I used to make this card:

*I began with a pre-made mat frame and then ran it through the bigshot with an embossing folder.
*Sponged the background of sunset and sky with Summer Sun, Night of Navy, Mellow Moss and Bordering Blue.
*I stamped the grass with Sage Shadow, Gable Green and Old Olive
*I stamped extra grass and cut it out to create the 3D look.
*I hand drew the cattails and the large leafs and glued them loosely for the 3D look as well.
*Edged the mat with Bordering Blue
*Stamped the sentiment and then cut it out with Nestabilities Label 4 and then leaving the plate on, sponged the sky and sunset across it again and then adhered with large 3D dots.
*Applied ribbons for embellishment




This card was created for Lily Pad's Frames, Dies, & Dimensions Challenge.
Click here to go to the challenge or use my link in the sidebar.

Thanks for stopping in and taking a look!







6 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Lisa
Susan from N-Zealnd here.
I saw this card in the lily pads pool and your direct link so I popped over to leave some love as I think your card is really lovely, and the sentiment just great with it.

Maire Gamber said...

Lisa... I think this is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen!!! gorgeous!

I have an award for you. Just pick it up No requirements. :
http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com/2011/04/bfb-award.html
Hugs and Smiles,
Maire

Alice said...

beautiful colors. very pretty card!

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Lisa - lovely shading! Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards this week!

Nancy K said...

This is really lovely, Lisa! I'm loving the serenity of the colors; such a special design, too! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!
blessings~

Vicky said...

this card is so beautiful! i like the peaceful colors and your layout. Thanks for playing with us at lilypad cards