Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sure-Fire Cure All???

Alright, now I'm totally confused! Last week I was ready to move to a nudist colony 'cause it was so dad-blasted hot and now this week I'm double layering my socks.  Don't get me wrong, I'm loooving this cooler weather, but unfortunately the sneezing, sniffling and runny noses have started too.
Which is why I've made this little get well card for this weeks linky party at
Sick Little Bear here is from our sponsor Meljen's Designs and he's been paper pieced with assorted scraps and mounted on a Kraft card while surrounded in elements useful for 'boo boo's.'  And I figure since laughter is supposedly the best medicine, why not tack on a comical remedy for best well wishes too. 
Does anyone recognize the DP? I've had that in my collection through four household moves and if I remember correctly, this paper came out in the early 2000's.  You'll also notice the trio of Q-tips, the ripple of self-adhesive gauze and the scalloped fringed lace of bandaids. 
I also decided that for some extra "umph" in motivation, I would go back in time and look at the older sketches from Mojo Monday. I had NO idea they went back that far.  Figured I'd start with this one from January 2010 and work my way up.

Well, that about does it for me, but before you go I can't wait to share 2 items of great news.
As you may already know, our wonderfully funny Karen has stepped down from MIM to give herself a little more free time (even though we all still stalk her blog daily and harass her just as much as if she was still here) but now we have new meat, I mean a new DT to pick on and have a great time with too... YEAH!!
Please drop by and give some love to Lisa S, (I know, what a COOL name!) so she feels all warm and welcome. We are so happy to have her on board with us.
Ain't she perty??? She's hysterically funny too!

ALSO, here's the second bit of great news, my....
PICK OF THE WEEK!
This is just a sneak peek of what she's done with a challenge of using orange, lime and citrus colors together...isn't this cute?!! 
For more wonderful pictures and to see the entire card, visit her blog at The Crystal Elephant
Come on out and share in the fun at
And you'll be in for the chance at a prize from
Prize: 4 Single digis!

I'm done now :)
Hugs n' Happy Stamping...
Lisa xx



31 comments:

Rene said...

Oh my Lisa...I'm pretty sure that bear was contagious...just looking at him is giving me sympathy pains! And, are those Q-tips? Bwahahaha...brilliant! Love it!
Rene ;D

Rene said...

I'm back...I JUST read the sentiment! Oh my GAWD!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha! I'm going to be randomly laughing all night now...if the next time you hear from me I'm asking you to break me out of the asylum, just know John put me there because of your card!
Rene :D

Cheryl said...

Oh I love this! It totally made me laugh. Your card is adorable too. I love the paper piecing.


--Cheryl--

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa , big hugs back for making me feel special [telling me I am the greatest] ! LOL
You are so wickedly funny but there must be a bit of a mean streak there too ..fancy giving anyone that bit of advice ;laxetives indeed!!
Seriously , wonderful fun card .Love the paper piecing .
And your POTW is amazing .

loz said...

Gorgeous card Lisa..Loz

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card lisa, love the wee bear, and he already looks to scared too cough...lol...love the paper piecing..and a fabulous POTW, I need that image too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Marie-Louise said...

What a fabulous card. Love all of it as usual. The q tips - bandaids etc. were marvellous and the sentiment - well it is just brilliant.

lalkygirl said...

hi lisa ...lovin this sweet card ,who would not be immediatley cheered up recieving this card.the sentiment is so funny and i love how you added q tips as embellies.....genius.
great POTW too..
tracey x

Mary J said...

another gorgeous card, Lisa! That would make me feel so much better if I received it! Love the textur!

Sarah-Jane said...

Thank you so much for choosing my card for your pick of the week. You have really made my day.
Love your get well card, great sentiment!
Sarah-Jane xx

Nicecrane Designs said...

Ohhh Lisa. love the little bear,,, what a funny pict,,,so adorable,,,and I love your diet cut,,with tese vintage elements on the card,,,,,wowwww,,,,,,and all over your creative background,,,it make me to smile.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awww what a cutie pie!! He looks so sad and like he needs a cuddle. A gorgeous card lisa...love all of the layers :)

Tammy said...

Fantastic card Lisa and your embellishments are very clever and creative!

Unknown said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. I love your sentiments and where you come up with the never ending supply I'll never know. LOL Awww, poor little bear with a cold but what a wonderful job you did coloring him. :-) The addition of Q-tips was genius L2!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so excited to be part of this fun team and I've enjoyed so many giggles already. :-) Also, I am thrilled to hear that your weather is finally cooling off. Hooray!
Big Hugs,
L1





Michelle said...

Hey Lisa

I always have to take a moment (read trip to the loo) before visiting your blog cause I know I'm going to burst myself laughing!!

Absolutely love your get well card!! Great sentiment, brilliant!!

You are so resourceful with your embellishing too! Love it!!

Great POTW this week, hasn't she done a fab job with the colouring.

Michelle :o)

Unknown said...

Такая классная открыточка!!!)))

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Lisa fabulous card - love the elements you have managed to include:-) And the sentiment is so funny! TFS

Shahrul Niza said...

I KNOW I'm for a good laugh, just by looking at the scalloped bandages!!. Lisa, you are crazy creative!. Q-tips & gauzes work brilliant. Don't let me start on the quote :). You are stinkin' FUN my friend!. Beautiful card.

Nikki said...

Fab card, funny, cute and clever xxx

Anne said...

Adorable card!
I love the textures, great colors and strings.

Hope you are feeling better soon. We are moving towards fall too, and some days I wear my wool socks, and the next day I have to put on sunscreen again.

Hugs, Anne.

Words and Pictures said...

He's delicious, and all that twine is yummy! Love the Q-tips and first aid for hypochondriacs supplies!!
Alison x

Tracy said...

Socks! Oh man I want me some of THAT weather. You are sooo bad. LOL I just scrolled back up and read the sentiment. bwhahaha I can always count on you to make me smile Twang. Big hugs to ya!

Sandy said...

Oh he looks so sick poor bear. Still so sickly cute though. :) Love the bandaids and the Q-tips how clever of you to use those on your card I never would have thought to do that. Sandy :)

Shelby said...

Glad the heat tsunami finally left you guys!!
Too cute of a card and the use of the q-tips is so cool!

Shelby

Holly Young said...

Lisa your embellishments are just too cute! You really have a great imagination. I hope your sniffles go away soon!

Sandy said...

You're a hoot, love this fun get well card, that little bear will do well under your care, LOL. Love all the medical embellishments too.
Fabulous POTW, love the cute little elf riding his frog!
Hugs,
Sandy

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Lisa - what a delightful blog you have going here! I've seen some of your winning cards in other challenges and admired your work for a while. You had me laughing out loud at the vintage clothing. Oh boy - it does kind of suck when reality tells us we are getting older than we want to be. Anyway... really, really enjoy your darling "sicky" bear from MIM #103 and thanks for the opportunity to win some Meljen images! I'll be back to visit more.

Maire Gamber said...

Your card is just a stich! Your sentiment has me still laughing!
Hugs,
marie

Lori said...

This is darling - but I have to say the Q-tips are my favorite part! Are you kidding? Is it really actually cold enough to need socks? I am ENVIOUS!

Margaret said...

First office supplies, now first aid kits! What's next?! LOVE this card! The paper pieced bear is so sweet and I love the first aid items as embellishments! Scalloped band-aids!!! I'm not quite sure that your sentiment will be as helpful... :D

So sweet of you to comment on Lisa S and her wonderful first name! And the POTW is awesome!!

While our temperatures have been less oven-like, I have yet to feel a chill. I'm just glad that I can walk outside and still have my breath! Bring on the sweatshirt and jeans weather!!!!

Sandy said...

Oh so sweet and wonderfully done - Bless his little heart - I am gonna have to get you out here to our mountains for a real bear encounter. And believe me Lisa - they stink!!!!!
sandy