Wednesday, March 28, 2012

From Sniffles To Stickles....

Altered Tissue Box
You all have really made my days with your wonderful comments and I thank you so much and welcome to my latest followers as well.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!  I'm still on a mission to finish my projects for April and I think I will be done tomorrow with them all...WOO HOO! With that said, I'll be able to just sit back and relax and visit you all and thoroughly enjoy all of your wonderful crafting! You've been warned, I will be stalking and commenting VERY soon! :) I can hardly wait.  Anyway, here's another ditty I've been up to...

If you love to recycle and create altered art, we have the perfect challenge happening over at
Where our theme for two weeks is...
ALTERED ITEM AND/OR ANYTHING BUT A CARD
Here is my original tissue box that I started with
 I covered the box with my designer paper, slapped some acrylic blue and white paint over the top and allowed it to dry.  With a 3"x 3" white piece of cardstock, I punched a 1" hole and used this for the template to place the Stickles.  After cutting out the circles with an X-ACTO knife, I painted the inside with matching acrylics as well.
With the addition of a gorgeous butterfly and a few roses and the wooden letters that spell CREATE and one last handmade blue flower, the project was done!
I really love this little altered piece because now I can actually see the colors of the stickles, instead of being in a bucket and constantly pulling them out to find the right color.  SO happy with this stickles organizer.
We would LOVE to have you join us for our challenge at
Craft Us Crazy and you will truly enjoy the other DT's amazing altered items.
Our Sponsor for this challenge is none other than Meljen's Designs
Who will be providing the winner with a wonderful prize!

Tissue Box Humor...

I'm so happy you stopped by and I hope you found this project to be inspiring and hopefully useful too! 
Hugs and Happy Creating...
Lisa xx

11 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh Lisa this has come out so beautiful !

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Q
This is one amazing project!!!
'Altered Art' or 'Off the Page' or whatever you want to label it, you have a piece of work that is not only interesting and wonderful to look at but practical as well.
You keep on producing such awe-inspiring pieces Q, how do you do it?
Smiles:)
O

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

What a great idea Lisa! This looks absolutely gorgeous :)

Lisa Jane said...

what a genius idea - and i always love a spot of recycling
Lisa x

Chrissy said...

You are such a clever clogs, who would'a thunk!!..love your recycled tissue box,really awesome,beautiful butterfly. and love the tissue kitty cat too...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mary J said...

Another stunning make Lisa! gorgeous details! You clever thing!

Margaret said...

This is so gorgeous and practical! And look at you getting all organized and ahead of schedule! You've already completed my birthday present and it's not for several months! heeheehee!
Love the whole idea as I am also having to pull everything out of a plastic shoe box to see the colors. But this is so pretty that it not only looks great sitting out, it also inspires us to use those stickles! Gorgeous work, my friend!

Stampindamour said...

WOW Lisa!!! This is amazing!!!

Lucky tissue box ended up with a lovely make-over instead of the eternal life in a landfill. LOL! xo

-pamela ;)

Tracy said...

Now that took some imagination to come up with this project girl. It's fun, pretty, and functional. :-) Simple, easy instructions too. Great job!
P.S. Love the tissue box humor. :-)

angelwhispers said...

Wow this is a "Stunner" Lisa what a fabulous idea and such fab colours you have used I just love having stuff on display and this is just perfect!!! Very creative idea thanks for sharing Chanelle xxx

Mitralee said...

I have plenty of stuff to play along with this challenge!!! Great take on the tissue box! I am blogging about that last container you did next week since I am finally ready to show the world my new shelf...