Saturday, November 26, 2011

Abstract Purple Passion

The Squirrel & The Fox DT card
It seems like forever since I posted a card, but I think I've been hibernating/digesting from the Thanksgiving holiday and feast.
I hope everyone who celebrated the holiday had a truly relaxing and blessed day.

If you're ready for an amazing versatile challenge,
we've got just the perfect one for you at 
The Squirrel & The Fox
This weeks #6 challenge is a
Photo Inspiration 
using one of the most beautiful trees I've ever seen
The Jacaranda Tree
Our very own Tracey at the Squirrel & The Fox took this picture from her house...
All I can say is....."Lucky!"
I've never seen one in person, but I can only imagine it's truly stunning.

Our generous Sponsor this week is 
Who is offering the lucky winner
a $5 Voucher to spend in their store!

Close-up of my card
The background papers were designed by taking Lovely Lilac and Lavender Lace ink pads and streaking them down the cardstock.  I added two additional layers to base for more depth, and because purple is my favorite color and just couldn't get enough of it.
I added a thick strip of checkered purple ribbon from my scraps and thin purple ribbon as an accent.
The polka-dot purple ribbon is supposed to symbolize the actual leaves of the Jacaranda Tree with the pop of green leaves and some extra pearl strands for decor.
I left it without a sentiment so that it could remain very versatile for any occasion that I might need in the future.

Well, that's it for the card, but before I go, I would just like to say,
Thank you SO much for all the wonderful messages that I've received for the posts and my
 Naughty or Nice Pay It Forward Blog Candy.
You have made me smile daily and I thank you for that!
Hugs and Happy Stamping....
Lisa xx


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card hunny I LOVE the way you have done the ribbon too! :0)

Chrissy said...

So very pretty Lisa...love the off the page ribbon, it is beautiful, even more pretty than a peacocks tail....love what you did with the ink for the background.You are so clever, gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

franzesjoi said...

oohh simple but elegant!! :) my fave color too :)

Margaret said...

Isn't that tree amazing?! My DD LOVES purple and I can see her wanting one of them in our yard... I'm pretty sure they're not hardy to our climate! On to the card...
I love the big bow and all of the other ribbon as well and your homemade background paper is too fun! And is that stamping I see on the leaf?! A purple masterpiece!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Lisa
PURPLE.......
Now why am I not surprised that this is your favourite colour!
It is a blend of passionate red and cool blue, conflicting forces which have to be handled with care and a certain sense of daring. This Elegant, spiritual,sensual colour is glorious yet complex and it is preferred by very creative and eccentric types!!!!!! I think this is you to a tee my friend! Ha
The Jacaranda Tree is a sight to behold in Australia, you travel along the road and you see these flashes of purple/blue everywhere, it is very dramatic and beautiful; nature at it's best.
Now I should comment on your card, which is also dramatic and eye catching, you have made a beautiful card Lisa from the wonderful inspirational Tree.
Smiles:)

Mitralee said...

Oh my on that card! Love every purple bit of it! Thanks to you my Dad and I were googling hedge apples at Thanksgiving! He was excited to remember studying them at Syracuse U since they line some of the walks there! Making you a few goodies from NY!

Karen said...

A direct quote from one of little Albie's favourite films... "Now that is todally wicked!!!!" hehehe...
Love your card so much sweetie, perfect in every way!
Just WOW!!xx

Renkata said...

Very chic and pretty card Lisa.

Unknown said...

Let's go in order, shall we? First, love the new bloggie background!! Second, that tree is to die for so go Jacaranda Tree!! Third, the color purple-it is lovely isn't it and I agree that it suits you to a tee!! Fourth, but certainly not last, is your lovely card with so much depth and dimension. I also love how you explain the thinking behind your creative process cuz it's good to know how a creative genius thinks!! :D Fifth, you receive the comments you do because you always inspire and your generosity of spirit can truly be felt through your keystrokes.
Hugs,
Lisa S. (t.o.l.)

mueppi said...

Wow.... Lisa
what a wonderful card!!
I love all details and the colours!!!!!!!!
Hello Lisa
I've now made ​​a tree map and the instructions for it!
Now I wanted to set this card with the instructions later in OCC Challenge !!!!!
Should I send you out the instructions?
I wish you a wonderful first Christmas !!!!!!
Hugs Gisela

Marie-Louise said...

A beautiful card - fabulous colourand detail. The tree is breathtaking.

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow love the lilac shades - so pretty!
Lovin your Christmas look blog too
Lisa x

Ina G said...

Lisa - Another stunning card. This is truly beautiful.
I have a jacaranda in my paddock at the front and looks lovely when out in flower. I love driving down some streets here when they are all in flower and you see the blossoms that have fallen on the ground and it is a mass of purple.