Monday, November 28, 2011

Funkie Junkie #11 Milkcarton


Blogger is doing some unusual things to my blog today and this was supposed to run on Wednesday, BUT...since it's up, I'll keep it here and if you missed the Make It Monday post from earlier this morning, please click here.
Silly Blogger!
Acetate Window and Suspended Snowflakes
I finally finished carton #11 for the modified advent calendar 
that I've been so inspired to make, thanks to Linda at the 
Pics of the different sides

Linda is hosting her 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge and you have until the 15th of December to finish all 12 challenges.  
There's only one simple rule,
Use her tag as your inspiration and then the sky is the limit on your creativity.
I've been so truly inspired by Linda and all the other creations submitted over at Funkie Junkie.
I began the challenge by making a milk-carton and have continued with that theme throughout.
All 12 of them will hang on our Christmas tree and on the 13th day before Christmas, my kids will locate the carton that says #12 and open it up to see what special gift is inside for them.
I thought this would be more fun than a chocolate advent calendar.  Not that I'm knocking chocolate, God knows I love me my chocolate.
It just seemed like a really fun and wonderful new tradition.
Here is  Linda's challenge Tag
I took from this the snowflakes, newsprint, brass 25 and the clear rectangle.
The carton is created from golden cardstock (really wanted a brass color) and then versamark and white embossed snowflakes applied.
Each of the windows on my carton are cut out and acetate covered.  A black snowflake is suspended behind the window and a gem is applied to outside of the window on the center of the snowflakes.
Newspaper was fitted and torn and then stain inked.
The cardstock is more gold than brass (sigh) ; will have to work on creating a more brass look.
The number 25 is embossed with my stylus.
The snowflakes are cut with Spellbinders and ink stained as well.
Brass Stickles are applied sporadically as I was still desperately trying to get the texture correct.
A file was rubbed over the entire surface for a worn look.
Small raffia adorns the snowflakes and makes the hanging loop.

The Christmas tree is officially up in our house and these little cartons look adorable on it!
I can't wait to watch the kids open them up...
As soon as I get out of the house and find wonderful goodies to fill them up with. 

Thank you so much for stopping in and taking a look.
Hugs and Happy Stamping...
Lisa xx

Challenges I would like to enter:
The Funkie Junkie - 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge (#11)

12 comments:

Cathy Lee said...

How very creative! I love this project...it's something my grandkids would enjoy. I love your fabulous DPs; it looks like real gold. Great new tradition and I'm sure your kiddies will love this.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

cebelica said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Here we go again Lisa; searching for superlatives!
You are the consummate artist when it comes to interpreting an inspirational piece of work and making it your ow. Linda will be Wowed with this one. I love the Gold, it is the perfect coloured carton for Christmas Eve as the anticipation of the special day eventuating will be irrepressible.
I love how you have made your Acetate windows and your use of a natural fibre(Raffia), all the texture and dimension are just wonderful. I would love to know which one of the cartons your children favour.
My prescience is knowing that your final project will be your Magnum Opus.....no pressure my friend.
Smiles:)

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is gorgeous .. i love the luxury of the gold
Lisa x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous in gold Lisa..love this one...love the differnt snowflakes and the textures.Would love a pic of your tree with all the cartons hanging in their glory..will look wonderful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mitralee said...

Almost there! I love these! This one is super sparkly! love the new header too!

1CardCreator said...

These are gorgeous!

Dr Sonia S V said...

What an amazing creation so gorgeous it looks
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

I know you were going for brass, but this is gorgeous, as is!! Love the snowflakes stamped and embossed on the gold paper!! This whole project has been amazing and I know your kids are going to love this new tradition! Can't wait to see the final carton!!

Anonymous said...

Girl this is flipping awesome! LOVE how you do these, so pretty and a great project! lovely to see what inspired you too! hugs me x

Shelby said...

You truly are an incredibly talented paper crafter!! And this is just a fab idea...what a fun and crazy place your house must be.

Shelby

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh Lisa, this is just scrumptious! Your gold/brass is so vintage lovely. I seem to gravitate toward snowflakes with everything I do lately and this one really resonates with me. I especially like the way you used the text on the side and just blended it in.

So sorry it's taken me over a week to visit you. I'm so far behind and the holidays seem to be steam rolling right over me. I'm still so impressed with the whole milk carton series - really love the creativity and the usefulness of your series!

Hugs,
Linda