Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Belly That Shook Like A Bowl Full Of Jelly...

It's Story Time
Number 8 milk carton for the really wonderful and
creative challenge (that's a good thing) at

Here is Linda's fantastic tag #8 for the
With each challenge, Linda asks that you create your own holiday project based on her tags and use what inspires you from the elements that she has incorporated on her tag.
There's still PLENTY of time to do all the challenges!!
WOW...well, I don't need to tell you, she's given me plenty of inspiration to draw from.
I chose Santa, background colors, snowflakes and metal.
Fantastic challenge, Linda and I love that you make me think out of the box!
These are getting progressively more difficult for me, but thank goodness for your ingenious creativity, there is always something new that I can't wait to try.

 Vintage Mickey Santa Book
The carton was inked with Creamy Caramel from Stampin' Up! 
Peace and Joy stamped in Chocolate Chip ink
Snowflake stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed with Winter White embossing powder.
Snowflakes from Spellbinder's Snowflake Wonder and dusted with #664 Super Bronze Pearl Ex and topped with Ranger's liquid Pearl in Platinum Pearl.

 Another Vintage Storybook
 Poor, but fun, attempt at glasses
I thought for the metal portion of this challenge that I would make glasses for each side of the carton.  If you look closely, you'll notice that each book has spectacles placed somewhere near.

Corner Shot of Carton #8
And lastly, 
All the cuteness in a row...

Thanks so much for stopping in today....
Challenges I would like to enter:
The Funkie Junkie - 12 Tags of Christmas Challenge #8


Hope everyone who participates in the Halloween festivities had a wonderful time.
Here's a few parting pictures of our celebrations
.
My son dressed as Sam from Trick or Treat,
lacking the orange (footsie pajamas) but still cute!?

My daughter as the Monster Under Your Bed
She only had the teeth in here, horns not yet added.

Here's the horns

 Close up of his own stitch work for Sam

 My son designed his best friend's costume as well.
This is the Scarecrow from Batman's Arkham Asylum.


  A few un-dead things laying around in the yard


Okay, that's it from me...I'm off to craft.
Happy Stamping to you all...
Hugs,
Lisa xx




13 comments:

Mary J said...

I can see your kids are as imaginative as you are Lisa! What fun, thx for sharing!

Love your milk carton - beautiful details!! Perhaps a bit more practice with the glasses though!! Still better than I could do!

Chrissy said...

Another lovely carton Lisa...love the vintage story books and your glasses are fabulous...just like mine..lol..after I sat on them...Your kids looked amazing...bet they had a fantastic night..love the scary things in the ground..fabulous costumes

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda said...

Awesome photos of your kids.. Looks like the had a great time.. Love your carton.. And the tags.. very lovely!! Hugs, Linda

Lisa Jane said...

wow what fab pics.... they look amazing! bet they had a fabulous time.
LOve the carton..those images are wonderful
Lisa x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your vintage xmas project is so awesome and the children look awesome. So sad we dont have Halloween in India!!

Unknown said...

Your carton is lovely Lisa as are all your the vintage story books... wow some scary photos and costumes over there... your kids looked fantastic and they are so creative xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well I knew it would be worth waiting for!!!!
Your story books are delightful,I can see a child going into a different world looking at this particular creation, and those glasses are a tactile element that maybe a little wonky but to me that is what hand made projects are all about, and the fact that you had fun making them Lisa is all that counts, and don't let anyone say otherwise, the carton oozes Christmas (well in cold countries anyway!)I still remember them from my childhood.
You give me so much inspiration, I am so glad that Linda started this Challenge and that you joined in as between the two of you I am having a Ball.
Your Children appear to be as much fun as you and I am glad they enjoyed the Hallows Day. I am so miserable when it comes to Halloween...
Great, Great Carton Lisa, I could look at it all day.
Smiles:)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Lisa,

I just love the retro images you have found for the whole series of milk cartons and this is just another fab example! I especially like the first one of Santa. I did notice the glasses and hoped you would mention them. I think they are brilliant and not wonky at all! Such a cool-cute idea.

Love those costumes your kids came up with, they are definitely your children! Thanks so much for sharing - I enjoyed peeking into your life - LOL!

Another sensational milk carton! So glad to have you aboard this challenge.

Hugs,
Linda

1CardCreator said...

Love your Milk cartons, they look totally awesome! Looks like your kids inherited some of that creativity, love the costumes! ~Diane

JINKYSCRAFTS said...

Your milk carton project is awesome! Love all the beautiful details you put into it!! TFS!

Unknown said...

Love all the milk cartons and the vintage storybooks are awesome, nice glasses too!
Looks like you guys had a blast on Halloween, thanks for sharing the pic's of your family.

Margaret said...

Once again, so much to love in one little milk carton! The glasses are a wonderful touch! And those vintage stories are begging to be read just one more time! Love the beautiful ribbon too!!

Lynn B. said...

Your creativity just blows me away! And your kids are equally creative. Nothing beats a one-of-a-kind costume!

Your altered milk carton is another stunning act of creativity! You add so many perfect details to your creations. They amaze!