Sunday, November 13, 2011

Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo....

 Bears & Boxes & Bows, Oh my!
I must say, this little cub is showing great restraint with the abundance of presents in his midst. 
I found this digital image, Gifts Galore in the Bronson and Beaker collection, to be quite adorable.
Certainly a reminder for myself that such patience can be attainable.  
It's also, quite to my benefit, reassuring that there are no tangible bits of photographic evidence to reveal of my children rounding the staircase only to find their mother's pajama clad derriere peeking out from under the branches of the Christmas Tree.
I was simply ensuring that all presents were properly sealed and labeled...I swear!
And if they say differently, I will plead that thingy that you can plead and hastily retreat.

Now on to the great and more great news...
Today is another wonderful link up at
Make It Monday!!!!
With our extremely generous Sponsor
Who is offering the winner 5 single digital images of their choice!

You'll be amazed by the inspiration of all the DT's and most importantly,
the outstanding crafters from all around the world who "Oh WOW" us everyday!

Take for example my
PICK OF THE WEEK!
I absolute love ALL kinds of Christmas cards because there are so many amazing holiday embellishments that one can include on the card, but this clean and simple and elegant card really caught my eye.
Not to say that other's didn't, they were ALL incredible and the choice was not made easily, but this card just called out to me.
If you're in a pinch for time, but scoff at the thought of, I dare say it, "buying" your cards,
this is perfect for time management, beauty, holiday wishes, and handmade, all rolled into one!
Take a gander at her card and get a giggle too!
Thank you Zoe, from This Little Place, for all the inspiration.

NOW...(If you're still hanging in here with me)...
I get to help make the really great announcement that's had me doing a dance, quite like the potty dance, but a more dignified and big girl version.
We have a brand spankin' new DT to welcome to our crew of ladies at 
Make It Monday and here she is....

Krafty Karen!!!
(And the crowd goes wild!)
She's certainly NOT new to these stomping grounds, as she's been an EVER devoted commenter and participant in the challenge link ups, but it's so nice to actually get to harass, I mean work, with her and all the other incredibly funny and creative ladies at 
Welcome aboard, Karen!

Season's Greetings
Thanks so much for stopping in and I hope you've found a smile somewhere in this post...
But just incase you haven't, here's a little cartoon my husband sent me.  He's always sending me funny images to encourage my doodling imagination, plus, it's right up my twisted humor alley.
Hugs and Happy Stamping,
Lisa xx


Challenges I would like to enter:




20 comments:

Chrissy said...

If I ever have to plead anything. I always go for insantiy..as everyone knows that is is probably true..lol..

Love your card Lisa.. gorgeous colouring, and an adorable image.Love your pick from last week too...very elegant...classy.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a funny cartoon !!
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Lisa I generally plead a senior moment and try to look frail and more elderly than I am .
What a blast visiting your post A giggle from start to cartoon finish .
Love the image/scene you coloured perfectly for your card .Love the greeting tag and BG paper .
Love the beautiful CAS card chosen from last week too.
hugs Shirley-Anne

Mitralee said...

I do love a big stack of presents myself! And your sense of humor always rocks!

Karen said...

I'll get onto commenting on your card ( and your blog post soon....) I just need to dry my eyes first hun.. and stop giggling like a silly school girl... ho humm....!!!! :0) :0)
Oh dear me but you have the old chuckle muscles working over time this morning... I do love visiting your blog so much hun. smiles.

Thank you - for all of it!
Love your card. Love your humour.
Love your pick of the week. There got that bit out. Back to laughing my socks off now. :0)
HUGE hugs to you. K.xx

1CardCreator said...

Cute card and congrats to Zoe too. Love both of your cards.

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a cutie..i hope my stack of Christmas pressies is as big lol ( i doubt it!!)
LOve the papers too.. so festive.
Lisa x

Linda said...

This is just adorable.. Very lovely work as always.. Love the little cartoon too..
Hugs, Linda

Maria said...

Such a beautiful card, and I really love your cute image (which is very beautifully coloured!)! Maria x

Mary J said...

LOL!! Love that cartoon!

Gorgeous make Lisa, the twine and gems really set it off beautifully!

Fab choice too - wonderful use of white space!

H said...

Such a beautiful card and I love the cartoon to great humor.
Hugs harma

Unknown said...

Cute card, love the coloring on the image and the twine and yummy bow are great touches!!
We must be kindred spirits cuz I just have to take a little peekie at the goodies under the tree. I can barely stand it til December 25th rolls around and I am definitely worse than my kids, well except my dd as she is a curious george too, suppose she gets it from her Mama!
Welcome Karen and congrats! Also, pick of the week--love it! Tell hubby to keep the funnies coming too! LOL
Hugs,
Lisa in Tenn-ER-see

Peggie said...

Totally cute.

Plush Possum Studio said...

What a cute idea for your card this time out! I guess most of us can relate to the waiting time until Xmas. But you can plead the 5th and it may not be taken seriously! ;)
Your choice of favorite card (the one with the bird) is so elegant yet simple, it's really lovely. Something to treasure, for sure! Nice choice!
And congrats on the new DT! You girls seem to have so much fun doing all you do!
Rose

Maire Gamber said...

Such a cute christmas card! Love everything about this. Great coloring! It makes me want to kick my B..... in gear!
Hugs,
Marie

Marjorie said...

Just loved this post hun, you put a smile on my face this tuesday morning:) love your humour and your card is lovely, I did spy it on MMI but was coming over anyway, I love your blog:)
Biggest of hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Michelle said...

Hi Lisa

LOL, I'm still laughing at the silly boomerang cartoon, some brilliant Aussie humour there!!

Loving your fab Christmas card! I'm thinking he's looking at the pile of presents he's just wrapped and wondering which one is his mobile phone he accidently wrapped in his mad hurry to get the job done, or perhaps that's just me having one of those nasty flash backs, lol.

Awesome pick from you this week too, what a fabulous CAS Christmas card.

Michelle :o)

Merlyn said...

Hi.. Popping from MIM.. Pretty card with cute image and bow..I like the gifts background.. Nice card

Margaret said...

After a rather 'yuck' day, your post was just what I needed!Still smiling at the image of you stuck under the tree, shaking gifts and gently lifting the taped edges... I am one of those unusual people who does not peek, I love the complete surprise effect! Drives my DH crazy because he wants to have hints for his gifts and I won't budge. On to the lovely cards...everything ties in so well on this card. I love the pearl sprigs and your image is wonderful. I really like your pick too! So clean, elegant, and artsy! and did I see you mention BUYING cards????? This is our excuse, I mean, purpose behind buying all of those stamping goodies!
Love the boomerang cartoon!

Anonymous said...

fabby cards hunny LOVE your MIM card and that joke tehhehheee :0)