Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bring The Umbrella

If you missed my blog candy post, click here. :)

In The Storms of Life...
The cover to my triple easel card that I found a tutorial for here
and my DT card for 
Make It Monday
Our linky party is open again 
and we can't wait to see your amazing creations!!
Our sponsor for this week is...
Who is generously offering the winner
Prize - $20.00 Gift Voucher
Be sure to check out if you're the winner for this week!

Now it's time for my
Pick Of The Week
(Perfect card after last night's experience...
Woke up and thought there was a poltergeist in my bedroom.  Bed was shaking when my daughter came in and said the house was shaking.  Been through many a tornado, but never an earthquake. Wishing and hoping that all in Oklahoma who experienced the actual epicenter are well and didn't experience too much damage.  The second in two days for them. :(  
So, this card is perfect for well wishes...
This beautiful card is brought to you by

Friends Bring Umbrellas
I designed this sentiment to match the Tildas'.  
I attempted to watercolor this copic Tilda,
Ummmm, jury is still out on this one, but since it's my first time trying, I'm pretty pleased with it.  Will keep practicing though.

Colored this Tilda with Copics as well, but wanted her bright and shiny with hints of glossy accents on her boots, coat pocket and umbrella.
The image in the window is a picture from the internet when I googled 'storms.'
Well, that's all for me on this post.
Thanks for stopping in and don't forget,
Make It Monday is always Anything Goes,
so hop over and see the INCREDIBLE creations from the DT's and awe us with your AMAZING talent and creativity!

Happy Stamping and Have a Fabulous Day
Lisa xx

Challenges I would like to enter:
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Crafting For All Seasons - #13 Textures


23 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lisa saw your dt post at MIM and its is a stunner. The scenery you have created is stunning. I love the stone wall , the little white flowers with the green center and of course your Tilda
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Lisa .How amazing is your easle card .AWESOME!
Beautiful colouring .
Pretty card from your pick of last weeks entries too .
hugs Shirley-anne

Chrissy said...

Oh! Lisa..this is just gorgeous...I love your triple easel card...fabulous colouring..great job..love your pick from last week too, really lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jan said...

Great cards! I saw them on MIM xx Jan

Tracey said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Tracey
x

Marjorie said...

Wow hun, this is such a beautiful card, so much love and work gone into it:) Hope you are feeling better after your experiance, it must of been quiet scarrey!
Also so this on MIM, but always love to visit your lovely blog:)
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Lynn B. said...

Hey, Lisa! I hope you're having a wonderful morning. Please go here: http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/hanukkah-card/next?context=latest and give me your opinion. I tried to do your image justice. :-)

1CardCreator said...

Love your card, I bet the tornado was scary, glad you are all in one piece! Congrats to Riette too!

Mary J said...

Amazing creation Lisa - I love that scene!

Love your pick too - so very pretty!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Sorry I am late in commenting Lisa, My computer is running a little slow......The Govt has been upgrading the broadband wires, supposedly to make it quicker, but I am having some problems; there is irony in there somewhere!
This looks a very interesting shaped card, is it an easel card by chance? I am loving your scene and your storm out the window is priceless, the dimension you have obtained is ingenious.
I have a daughter who is a graduate in Fine Arts Lisa and her preferred medium is watercolours, and what I see here having some insight through her, is worthy in any-ones eyes, so do not judge yourself too harshly my friend.
I have a problem with Tilda, I don't like that there is no mouth and that is why I do not have any of the stamps, but, it does not mean I do not like your card, this piece is wonderful, and I can see any little girl will absolutely love it.
Glad to hear you are okay re the shake!
Smiles:)

Dawn said...

Wow - your card is amazing! Your colouring is gorgeous, don't give up on the watercolouring - it looks wonderful. Beautiful scene with all the details and your sentiment is perfect.

Hugs, Dawn

nnalorac said...

Wow stunning creation. Seen it on MIM. Carolxx

Margaret said...

This is so awesome! Leave it to you to do an internet search to put an actual storm in your card!! Your watercoloring looks fabulous! Glad you made it ok through your first earthquake. We've had a few really small ones before, but can't imagine what it's like for those who are literally picking up the pieces.

Unknown said...

Cool card and I think you did a great job coloring the Tilda's! It is a neat card with lots of goodies to enjoy and love the internet picture.
Glad you guys are okay and hopefully there's no damage to your home.

Anonymous said...

Lisa you never stop amazing me! this is brilliant too! just stopped by as from MIM xx

Michelle said...

Wow Lisa this is amazing! I have never seen a triple easle card before.

I dont think I would like to go through an earthquake either, must have been very scarey, hope there was no damage.

Your pick this week is very pretty.

Michelle :o)

Unknown said...

Lisa I love this card, all the details are amazing!, I so your card at MIM your colouring is gorgeous. Love Karla U

Unknown said...

Wow this is stunning Lisa, what a lovely scene for your easel card.. hope you won't experience another earthquake.. that must have been scary!! Hugs xxx

Mitralee said...

Seriously sweet and cool! Love the storm!!!

Merlyn said...

Hi..I saw ur card at MIM.. This is gorgeous creation:) I love it sooooooooooooooooo much. The tilda is sooooooo cute.. This is also called as easel step card right.. Really love it soooooooo much..Thanks for giving the tutorial link..

Ann English said...

This is a work of art-not merely a card. How do ever decide to part with something like this!!! Gorgeous!

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card! About the quake....I lived in Reno, NV, all my life until 8 years ago and we had quakes as a regular thing thoughout my life. Not much damage, even when we had a 6.0. However, when I moved here, to Kannapolis, NC, and they talk about tornadoes, yikes, I'm a chicken. LOLOL I do hope no one in your area was harmed.

Rene Sharp said...

I am in awe of this stunning creation!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CFAS. Smiles, Rene'