Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dinner And A Show...

What a blast it was making this card!  I hope you'll tap into your creative mojo and find time to join us over at The Squirrel & The Fox for a very special challenge.
Here is why...
"April 25th, this Wednesday, marks a very special day in Australia, ANZAC Day. ANZAC stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps, and the soldiers are known as ANZACs. It is a day of national remembrance, a chance to commemorate their soldiers that died in military operations.
Many people remember our ANZACs on this special day by baking ANZAC biscuits. These biscuits were baked by the wives and mothers of the soldiers in World War I, and sent in food parcels to those fighting in the trenches. Made with oats, golden syrup and coconut, they are still an Aussie favourite today." ~ The Squirrel & The Fox Blog

Which is why our two week challenge is all about
FOOD!
With our ever wonderful, Zoe from
Make It Crafty
who is generously sponsoring us and offering a fantastic prize for our winner!
When I saw this table and chairs set from Make It Crafty, titled Paris Elements Digi Collection I knew I wanted to use it for this food theme.  Although you don't actually see food on the table, my hope was that with the sentiment and the cups, Victorian vase and romantic setting, dinner would be implied. 
I've set the entire card to be white on white and only colored the seating arrangement with copics.  I had hoped that using this adorable couple in the background, it would appear as though he's taken his lady to a very quaint setting for two.  The table setting, vase, cups and couple are all free digital images from The Graphic's Fairy.  The sentiment was generated on my PC using Jellyka Delicious Cake font. 

Now for the show part...
I have to take a moment and share a proud moment about my eldest. He recently debuted his talent at the high school Mr. Panther Talent Show and won
Best Talent and Mr. Congeniality.
If you'd like to watch the performance below, we'd be honored.
My son, Brendan, is the tall magician.  This is a skit he wrote himself titled, "Abra-cadavre."
Enjoy!


The YouTube link is here.
I hope you've been inspired by this card and it has spiked your interest to join us for this incredibly fun challenge of food.
Thank you SO much for stopping in today and I hope this finds you all well.
Hugs and Happy Stamping...
Lisa xx

15 comments:

Susie W. said...

This card is soooo pretty! I love the scene you've created!

Thank you for the comments you left on my blog :)

Scrumplescrunch said...

Yes Lisa ANZAC Day is special; not only for Aus but in NZ as well, we celebrate together, it is probably the most important day for the two countries in the calendar year, and I am so impressed that you acknowledged our fallen heroes. Thank you so very much for that.
I adore your card, it speaks of love and the importance of sharing a meal, even it is just biscuits, have you ever tasted the Anzac biscuits? They are delicious.
Your table and chairs look amazing set in front of your main image, and a superb contrast. A truly lovely card.
I have just returned from a weekend away with Rob.
Smiles:)
Sue

Angela said...

Just adorable!!! Very elegant Lisa....
xxAngela

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Lisa,love the white on white and the edge is gorgeous..so very elegant.
I cannot see the video only a blank screen..it hasn't loaded for some reason...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tracey said...

Love what you have done here Lisa! A truly elegant and beautiful card. :)
Tracey
x

angelwhispers said...

Love the card Lisa and what a fab theme for the challenge!

My word what a talented family well done to your Son he looks fab on the video and how proud are you!!!

Also wanted to say a big thank you for all your wonderful comments they really do make me so happy and encourage me so much!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Love Chanelle xxxxx

Irene Retuya said...

I love your designs! Your cards and your blog are so inspirational.

Thanks for taking time and going through my blog, really makes me so happy (^__^)

Hugs,
irene

Shahrul Niza said...

Hi Lisa, I like your son's skit. he is talented. And I love your card the most :)

Unknown said...

Loved the video and congrats to Brendan on winning Best Talent and Mr. Congeniality! He's a chip off the 'ole block, eh? :D
I love this card and how you used digital images and that delicious font to create the scene. I am so envious of your computer skills, lol. I also love the inspiration behind this challenge and salute the ANZAC's of Australia and New Zealand!
Hugs,
L1

Chrissy said...

What a great video...I loved it when he hypnotised himself and the anticipation that one of his tricks would work kept me on the edge of my seat..congratulations Brendan..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sandy said...

Very nice - dinner and a show - you do the show and I'll bring dinner. Now I have to go back to see if I can view this video. so far Blogger has not let me on!!
Sandy

Sandy said...

i KNEW you could supply the show - and it proves the point - the apple does not fall far from the tree. Wonderful - I enjoyed every minute of it Lisa - cute son!!
sandy

Lynn B. said...

How sweet and thoughtful to commemorate a holiday of other countries. And you card is stellar, as usual.
Tell Brendan that I think he's hilarious! What a fantastic skit! I loved every minute of it. I knew he was talented, but didn't realize that he's multidimensionally (is that a word?) talented. Bravo!

Tracy said...

I could kick myself for getting so behind on my commenting. I could have been watching your sons hilarious video three days ago! I can't imagine where he gets his funny bone from. ;-) He did a great job and should be proud of his accomplishments like I'm sure his mom is.
You card is fantastic and I love how you've used the table and chairs image to suggest a romantic dinner for those two. Pretty clever to search out some goodies for the table too. Hugs!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card with just a hint of color! Wonderful little history lesson too!
Will have to wait until I get to work tomorrow to watch the video when my connection will be much faster!! Can't wait!!