Sunday, April 8, 2012

Flowers For Hamlet...

The Pansy is the flower given by Ophelia to Hamlet in Shakespeare's play, Hamlet.  When she presented him with them she said, "There's Pansies; that's for thoughts."  The word pansy comes the French word pensée, meaning 'thought.'    Another little fun fact about the word pansy is that Margaret Mitchell, writer of, Gone With The Wind, had originally selected Pansy O'Hara as the name for the heroine of her novel.  It's a cute name, but I like Scarlet much better!

The little penny wrapper happened by accident.  I was actually looking for seed packets and came across this.  Having the origin of the word Pansy in my head, I thought it made sense to add "A penny for your thoughts?" as well.
Are you mowing your yards yet?  It's ridiculous here.  Soooo much rain and the grass and dandelions are taking over.  I can't stand them ugly things! Now, if I had a yard full of these gorgeous flowers, I'd let them take over.  However, since I have to live in reality, I'll just cover cards with them.  This beautiful image in the oval frame, is from Bugaboo in Skye's Pencil Pic Collection titled, Pansies
I hope you found this card inspirational and if it has fallen short of that, that's okay because the amazing ladies over at Make It Monday are sure to please your creative muse!  We'd love to have you join in our linky party this week. 
 Before you go, I'm so excited to show you my...
PICK OF THE WEEK!
Oh my goodness, where do I start with card?
I like the masculine and bold feel as well as the amazing metal embossing background, the wonderful image and that BAM bow! 
Thanks so much Shirley at
for sharing your amazing talent with all of us at Make It Monday.

 And our stupendous Sponsor who is so generously awarding the prize for this week's winner!
I am tickled pink that you've stopped by.  I love each and everyone of your visits!!  I'm out of town right now and probably on the road as this posts, so I apologize for not visiting or responding to your comments, but I will as soon as I return home. :)
Hugs and Happy Stamping...
Lisa xx

16 comments:

Rene said...

Gorgeous and I love your pick of the week!
Rene ;D

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Lisa this is just stunning. I love the image and the beautiful layout :)

Chrissy said...

I just love pansies...a winter favourite on mine, so many beautiful colours..their faces smiling up at you as you manoeuvre the mower around them...What a wafter..lol...fab card my friend, and love your pick from last week that was mine too, but alas...didnt end up with any...silly PC...getting the PC doctor in for a check up...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sandy said...

Love the blue pansies they are so pretty. The pick of the week with the ute (Aussie term for what you call a pickup) how cool is that coloring.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your pansies are amazing-- I love to see how you use color Lisa!!
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Fabulous card, love the colours.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in oz

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa .Hope you have had a fab Easter.
Love your card it has olde world charm to it ..and your pick from last week is great , rugged and blokey.

Mary J said...

Another gorgeous Lisa Original! What a wonderful frame and fabulous embellishing!

Love your POTW, fab embossing!

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful I love Pansie's and I love your colours who wouldn't want a garden full of these, but I'm sorry to say my garden sounds like yours everything I think I'm getting there it rains for days and its back to a wild garden!!! lol Chanelle xxx

Cathy Lee said...

Lisa, this is os pretty. I love your window; that is awesome. Gorgeous coloring on your pansies!
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Tracy said...

Well your just a font of information on this post aren't cha! LOL I just watched a special on Margaret Mitchell the other day. She was a pretty cool lady. Your pansies are really lovely. The penny wrapper is really imaginative and fun, and yes, the weeds and grass are tickling our hineys here too. :-)

Michelle said...

Fabulous card Lisa!! Pansies are so pretty (shame they don't grow well here in the tropics, or maybe that is just my gardening skills .......hmmm).

Love your POTW too, that metal embossing just looks amazing!

Michelle :o)

Marjorie said...

Oh I love this hun, love your layout and such gorgeous ribbon and embellishments...just stunning!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Margaret said...

Love the little history and literature lesson to go with your beautiful card! The penny wrapper is such a great addition!
Another wonderful pick of the week too! Love the metal embossing!!

1CardCreator said...

Great card! Love the colors! Saw you at Make it Monday. ~Diane (I am # 103)

Jan said...

This is gorgeous Lisa. So pleased I saw it on MIM.
I had a look round your beautiful blog. So much inspiration.
Thank you for your lovely comment on mine.
xx Jan