Monday, April 9, 2012

Tippy Toes In The Tulips...

I don't know about you, but I just want to squeeze her!  No matter what kind of day you might be having, seeing an adorable little kid with hamhocks for legs, playing in a bed of flowers, just puts everything in perspective, doesn't it?  This precious little image is called Butterfly Baby Girl and I've chosen her to usher in this next theme at Karen's Doodles which is...
SOMETHING SPRING!
I assembled the card using the image as my inspiration.  Everything seems to pop right out in this picture.  The tulips budding open, the butterflies in movement, her little frills on her dress; so I wanted to make the card base in a similar style.  I've cut out two scalloped circles and mounted the left and right sides on velum in an attempt to bring this darling image out even further and leave the background details still visible.   A little bit o' stitching, a pearl here and there, a ribbon division and some large scallops down the right side and little Miss Thing, colored up in copics and it's all done. 
I hope you've enjoyed your visit and thank you for stopping in to take a peek.
Big Hugs and Happy Stamping...
Lisa xx
(I'm off to hunt for Morel mushrooms.  Wish me luck.  I'll probably find more ticks than mushrooms!)
Ciao for now...




17 comments:

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

so beautiful card….. love the combo and cute image....i wish you a happy easterday.....

Hugs
Judith

Unknown said...

Lisa , you are right you just want to pick her up and squeeze her she is adorable . what a lovely card I love this one . Your colours are beautiful .
Hugs Elaine

angelwhispers said...

Wow I agree she is adorable and I love her little legs! Hope you find lots of mushrooms and no ticks!!! lol Love Chanelle xxx

Mary J said...

Just so sweet and gorgeous Lisa! Amazing ribbon effect!

Jeanne J. said...

No doubt about it! She's a cutie! Great coloring and so many fab details here - BEAUTIFUL!

Jeanne J. said...

No doubt about it! She's a cutie! Great coloring and so many fab details here - BEAUTIFUL!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Lisa I love the ribbon on this! Looks amazing! Beautiful colouring of that image too :)

Tracy said...

Yep, little hamhocks is a cutie and I loe the composition of this card. The lacey circles and that fun fanned out bow--fun, frilly, and springy too. Good luck on your mushroom hunt and have a fantastic week! Hugs Hick!

Chrissy said...

I will look at Hamhocks in a totally different light now...gorgeous wee creature, fab colouring, love the bows and pearls...over the top GORGEOUS!!!

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is so cute - i just love her chubby little legs .. just want to squeeze
Lisa x

Patricia St Martin said...

Lisa, You are right.. that little one will brighten anyones day. She is just adorable. Love all your embellishments. Just love her in the blues.
Hugs, Patricia

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Q
Who would not want to receive this adorable card, she is not just cute, she is delightful,trampling in the tulips.
The image takes centre stage because of your colour/design work; popping out as you so describe.
There is much to feast on with this card, from the scallops to the die-cuts and then that Green Ribbon, which just completes the picture.
I love the freshness it evokes, just brilliant once more .
I was wondering how much free time you were managing to steal, the routine has a way of going AWOL when the dynamics of Family life change, does it not? It must be just great to have hubby home though.
Smiles:)

Michelle said...

Beautiful card Lisa! What is it about little ones with their chubby little features that makes us all go ga ga?? I know I'm guilty as charged, lol. I love the ribbon and pearls treatment!

Michelle :o)

loz said...

This is STUNNING Lisa..Loz

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful so much detail too! and LOVE the ribbon and pearls fabulous xx

Margaret said...

Aww...she could be one of my girls! They were both chunky babies!
Your card is beautiful and I love all of the fussy cutting around the image!
Let me know when the mushrooms are ready! YUMMY!

Annette Bowes said...

Aww this is adorable! Love all your different beautiful layers, have a wonderful weekend, take careX:)