Sunday, April 15, 2012

You Stack Up!

 Welcome back everyone! 
 I have a wonderful image, a picnic table tutorial and a super fantastic linky party to share with you today.
This yummy entree is called Big Burger and available at Meljen Designs.  I had such a wonderful time coloring this monstrosity of a meal and decided it needed a unique scenery to show it off, so I designed my first 3D picnic table and free standing banner.

 Here are the dimensions and directions to make this picnic table yourself.

With white card stock, make the following pieces:
Table Top - 5.5" x 3" and score each side at 0.5" in from the edges
Benches - 5.5" x 1.5" and score each side at .25" in from the edges
Center Support (2) - 4.5" x 2.5" and score each side at .25" in from the edges
Cross legs (4) - 3" x 0.5"
Tabs - Picture shown below and is used for the benches to sit on.
1.  After you've cut and scored all the pieces. Snip the corners to make the little tabs that will be used to fold, glue and form the table, benches and support.
2.  Run each piece through a wood grain folder
3.  Ink the wood grain to desired color
4.  Once the two support pieces are folded, spot glue with a hot glue gun and adhere both sides together.
5.  Assemble pieces as shown in the photos.  After adding on the legs, gauge how you want to the ends cut at a angle to sit level on any surface.
6.  Cut the little white tabs, shown above, and mount the benches on to them.
7.  Spot ink on the underside where white is still showing to match the appearance of the table.
Now you have a picnic table!

I'd like to share now my,
PICK OF THE WEEK
I'm swooning over the textures and layout and the center stage sentiment as well as the beautifully colored couple! 
This stunning piece of artwork is from Alyce at Kit and Clowder if you'd like to see more images of this gorgeous project.

We would LOVE to have you join in at
for our always fun and inspiring Linky Parties!
 Thank you also to our Sponsor
for providing the DT with images to use and for gifting the winner a wonderful prize!

I hope I've inspired your creative mojo today.  You always make my day with your visits, so thank you for stopping by.
Hugs and Happy Stamping!
Lisa xx

28 comments:

Mitralee said...

i am typing this from the floor...my brain exploded and is oozing outta me ears this is so amazing...where do you get these ideas? my goodness!!!!!!

the ants are going to think you built them something special just for them...

HOLY COW

SORRY, just recovering now....

Mitralee said...

And yes, I meant HOLY COW in a small lame way to be funny about a burger...

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Q
I am missing you!......
Well a rare moment in my day... I am lost for words re this amazing creation, you always literally floor everyone with your projects Quirks.
I thought I was imaginative but I am not on the same planet where you are concerned. The burger is phenomenal, and how anyone could possibly digest such a monstrosity as you so aptly call it, is beyond me. I really don't know where to start with the picnic table, it is so intimidating, you are so very very clever to put it together let alone think about it.
You are optimistic in giving a tutorial as I strongly believe no-one in their right mind would even attempt such a project, as brilliantly constructed as it is and described by you so wonderfully, mine I know would just collapse in a heap.
AMAZING!!!!! work.
Smiles:)
O

Sandy said...

What a cool picnic table.. What a burger:)

Rene said...

Excuse my language but HOLY CRAP! That is AMAZING!!!!! And that banner? So fun with the image! AWESOME!!!!
Rene :D

Shirley-Anne said...

Amazing project to showcase this Burger image pefectly . Thanks for the Tutorial too .
Love Alyce's stunning card too.

Chrissy said...

You are so clever Lisa, this is just amazing,I love it, and great POTW....too....and a special thankyou for my DT blog Bday card...thank you so much...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Stamping Shanni said...

Lisa - I love your colouring and your table is awesome! Saw it on MIM and just had to come and check it out. WOW! Thanks for the inspiration.
Stamping Shanni

Mary J said...

AMAZING! That is so very clever Lisa! Totally love your picnic table and the hamburger looks yummy!!!

Sweet POTW!

1CardCreator said...

Love the burger and table and your pic for the week!!

Karen said...

Okay - I know my family would all say this could never happen, not in a million years....
~But you've truly managed to stump me...
No words for this...
EXCEPT......
AMAZING, OUT OF THIS WORLD..
BRILLIANT...
And where on earth do you come up with these whacky, fantastic ideas? hehehe! LOVE this!! (You do not need to know how many times I clicked on "our" DT page just to look at this once you had posted it sweetie!)
Rofl!
Hugs to you,
Karen.xx

Michelle said...

Nope.......I got nuthin........

I am on my knees, bowing to you
"I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"

Lol.

Absolutely INCREDIBLE!!
great tutorial too.

Fabulous POTW from you this week too.

Michelle :o)

Unknown said...

WOW!!! How totally unique and awesome is this??? Super idea for summer and backyard get togethers. LOVE THIS Lisa!
Huge Hugs,
L1

Sonia said...

OMG Lisa!!Stunning!!... Your burguer look very real "yummy" and the table too, Wow!, wow!! ;-)
You are very creative lady. Congrats! Love your creation. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Lynn B. said...

Once again, you've made my brain go "splort!" How do you come up with these things?! That picnic table is AMAZING! The burger is so perfect, that would have been plenty to make your project a standout, but the table...! You put all other paper crafters to shame. And that's a good thing. We need the bar set high if we're going to grow as a group.
I hope you've having the best imaginable time with your honey. So glad he got some leave.

Sandy said...

Well I am not going on my knees - I can guarantee that. I would never get back up. But I can say you have made me terribly hungry. Hot dogs it is!!! Love your work Lisa!!
Sandy

angelwhispers said...

Where do your get your ideas Lisa this just rocks!!! Love Chanelle xx

Tracy said...

No what's a big honkin' hamburger like that without a good old picnic table! You're awesome girl. That table is fantastic. You clever girl you. :-) Hugs!

Marjorie said...

Wow hun!! you always manage to simply astound me with your work..you are so talented and patient..Stunning!!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW!!! That picnic table is amazing! Love the sentiment, too!!!

Margaret said...

OK...I have decided I want just one day inside your head! Just one day...
Love the table and am in awe of how you managed to create this! The burger is absolutely fantastic and what would a picnic be without a checkered tablecloth? The banner is the perfect finishing touch!
Thanks so much for sharing this drool-worthy creation!!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow!!! You are a master of 3D. You must be super mathematical to have worked this one out. Just love the uniqueness of this.
Hugs
Desire

pinky said...

Wow what an amazing project, I am totally blown away!!! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and yes you are more than welcome in my new craft room. I am sure I could find a wee corner for you to work in. Mind you the flights from USA to Ireland might be costly lol.

Monika said...

this is the first hamburger I love!
:-)

it is an absolut stunning idea behind this scene:


I would like to sit down on this table, hear the birds singing in the garden,
trink a glas of wine and feel good :-)

this is what your creation does with me :-)

thanks for visit my blog and I'm happy that I've found you an MMM

Monika

Arabella said...

Wow Lisa this is so amazing! What an incredible project!

Arabella

Jan Garber said...

Forgive me for not knowing WHAT to say! I'm a brand new follower and can't believe all the creativity on this blog! You'll understand why I will now start blog stalking, right?

Karen T said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for stopping by... I had a chance to decided to 'cruise' on over to see what you've been up to! Great vintage car card!! Really a wow to please.
And just love your picnic table creation you are really amazing!
have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh great! this is brilliant! Yummi totally fun creation LOVE this and the added table cloth is sooo fun! and the texture of the table brilliant! hugs me xx