Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blissful Moments...


 Hello there!
I'd like to introduce you to Molly and Sam; Love 4. 
This cute little guy giving his little lady a piggyback ride, is a wonderful image from our Sponsor Stamp Fairy, and they are helping us out at Top Tip Tuesday for our challenge theme of
Spotty Dotty
 For this challenge I paper pieced Sam's overalls and Molly's shirt and copic colored the rest.  I've added little white dots for accent on the clothes and then dotted a background around the couple and a spotty dotted button in the center of the bow.
The hues of the clothing leaned more towards earthy textures so the background is brick embossed foil with a layer of corregated cardboard and then a layer of burlap.  All of these items were purchased at Linda's wonderful Zibbet store, Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique.
I tried to leave the sentiments fairly vague so that this card would be versatile for many occasions.
Sure hope you can drop in over at Top Tip Tuesday and check out the wonderful tutorial from our very own lovely, talented and funny Annette! She's done an incredible job showing how to make A Box In a Bag Tutorial!
Thank you to our ever generous Sponsors also for providing not only images for the DT to use but also for providing the prizes to our lucky winners!
Big Hugs and think spots and dots....
Happy Stamping...
Lisa xx

12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love all the textures and cute image.
Hugs
Desire

Lisa Jane said...

Good job its not me he is giving a piggy back to - he would be on his knees!
Gorgeous card .. love the muted colous
Lisa x

Scrumplescrunch said...

A very tactile card Q, with the ripped corrugated cardboard and burlap, trying to make out the bg, you say it is brick embossed foil; it looks wonderful, loving all this texture. Gosh I bet it looks great in real life.
Smiles:)

Anonymous said...

Great card hunny love the subtle shades and spots too! I love the paper piecing too! Hugs me xxx

Unknown said...

This is adorable Lisa, love the layout and gorgeous details on your card xxx

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely creation, a very sweet image too. Elaine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a sweet and cute image! Your card is beautiful!

Lori said...

Molly and Sam turned out darling and your card is wonderful! Love all the texture and that pretty bow.

Tracy said...

now that's a cute pair! Great job on the paper piecing and I just love all your embellies. I drool when I visit Linda's store and could easily come away from there in some BIG trouble. LOL Beautiful job Lisa! Hugs!

Margaret said...

You did a fabulous job with the super cute image and I love the different textures on this! Another lovely creation!
Hope you are enjoying your family time!!!

Sandy said...

Your design work is delightful and that bow is gorgeous!
Sandy

Shelby said...

Sweet image and fantastic coloring. I never remember my brother be so kind to me and giving me a piggy back ride...more like I was the horse and he used my pigtails as the reigns!!

Shelby