Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm Not As Think As You Drunk I Are...

 I don't know how long it has been since I've sat on a lavish divan wearing a shimmery and elegant evening shirt while sipping on a martini.  I think the last time was never. 
 For years my finest attire was a t-shirt adorned with baby drool, playdoh remnants, bleach stains and specks of paint; which matched random sections of my hair.  One must at least attempt to coordinate.  The wonderful thing about said gittup was that every other stay at home mommy looked identical.  There was really no need for verbal interraction with each other back then.  One look at the outfit and you knew exactly what they'd done that day. 
I liked to refer to it as "textural communication."
(Hmmm, I'm thinking this would make a cute card for a new mom. A t-shirt with lumps of who knows what on it.)
So when I saw this darling diva all chilled out, I thought it would be a cute idea to make a little container to stash some fun money in for a girls night out.  No kids, no shirts designed by Mac n' Cheese or Cheetos....just a fun filled evening of giggling with the gals and tying on a martini or four. 
I've used a recycled can of wasabi peas and seaweed something or other; it's a fun snack, to make my little night out nest egg.

Motherhood is the most wonderful job I could ever have, but a night out on the town would most certainly be well deserved.  I can already see it now, a group of friends sitting around the table, sipping drinks, being served our dinners and as the clock strikes 8, we're all yawning and ready to go home and get back in our flannel pajama pants and t-shirts!   Ahhh, life is good. :)
Do you have something recycled, old or new project?  Something painted, something stitched, something masculine, something femine something out of this world you'd love to share with us at Make It Monday?  We certainly hope you do and we'd love to see, so please stop over and join in the 'ooohing and awwwwing' that happens daily at...
And a huge thank you to
for providing the DT our inspiration and wonderful prize to the winner this week!

Drumroll please.....
PICK OF THE WEEK
Holy crud, I couldn't pick just one...seriously, if I had the room, I'd show you them all, but here are the top 4 that I finally narrowed it down to.  Click their names and it will take you directly to their blogs.

Amazing inspiration and mojo here!

I truly appreciate your visit and the time you spend to leave me a "howdy." 
Hugs and Happy Stamping...
Lisa xx

20 comments:

Chrissy said...

Oh! ..I have a Tshirt like that, it was white once...now it's not...but I keep it for ...dont know why...just can't let it go.

Fabulous money container, beautifully decorated...hope it fills quickly so you can enjoy your night out...fabulous P's OTW...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Q
Yes, well we can all identify with what you have written here for sure, I have just the memories now, though I am reliving some special moments with Precious.
You may have to change the wording of 'Pick of the Week' to 'Picks' I can see why you had difficulties; the work is amazing.
Your Money Container is cute, love the scrabble letters, and the image is wonderful.
Smiles:)
O

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Lisa this is awesome! I love how creative this is...it all works so perfectly together! :)

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa .great post again .
..bought back almost gone memories ..sigh .
loved your altered project , image and colouring along with all the embellishing .
Beautiful picks too ,so inspiring arn't they all .

LaJanette said...

Lisa; what a fantastic creation! I love the idea of this stash; yes us stay at home mommies deserve to get a girls night out once in a while:0) Loving the image and that ribbon flower is awsome too!

Like you said it, Me gusta tambien!

Hugs;
Janette

Jan said...

Great card & pick choice So pleased I saw it on MIM xx Jan

Mary J said...

WOW! That is another stunning make Lisa, and such a good idea too!

Love the POTWs too - they are all so fab!

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol as always i got my monday morning fix of humour .. and i was sat here nodding remembering the same outfit lol
What a fab idea , i need lots of these savings cans for all sorts of occasions.. and Martini Nikki is one of my faves
Lisa x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

This is brilliant Lisa! I love altered projects and the amount of detail you have on this is gorgous. I hope it fills up quickly and you get your night out with the girls :) Thank you so much for choosing my wee book in your top picks ~ you've made my day! Sarah xx

angelwhispers said...

Love the money box its just a great altered item and the image and sentiment are just so perfect!

The night out sounds perfect! Chanelle xx

Michelle said...

Ok Lisa, you are designated social co-ordinator for the MIM team....where are we meeting up????LOl.

Love your savings tin, perfect image.

Your favourite picks are fantastic!!

Michelle :o)

TC said...

Lol. Love ya story behind this. The image indeed is lovely.
Awesome idea, I'm loving it.
It looks to me like a pringles tin...and any excuse to eat pringles is a fine one by me! :)

Rene said...

Your project is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! LOVE it...and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems picking just ONE POTW!
Rene :D

Rachel said...

Fab project - I need one of these! Love this image and how you've created your writing. Wedgie xxx

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Lisa - I am so with you here! I guess we can be the fancy lady with the martini in our minds at least! Don't worry you've got your priorities on straight - that's all that matters - hopefully the rewards will come later! Hugs!

Tracy said...

Yep, you nailed it. Standard attire and eight o'clock sounds about right for the yawn fest. :-)
Your little can sounds like a great idea for a treat although I'm not too sure about the wasabi and seaweed?????? LOL I really like how everything seems to be popping off the can. Lots to catch the eye and great coloring on that image too. :-)

Kerry said...

Oh Lisa I love your money tin with Martini Nikki! I can't remember the last time if ever I looked as glam as Nikki. Fab coloring and love the brown and green together :-D Gorgeous! xx

Karen said...

Hehehehe - I'll comment when I'm done laughing hun

Karen said...

............
Okay ......
I think I'm fine now... SMILES...
Just LOVE your posts sweetie.. they do keep me smiling here and never fail to pick me up! :0)
I'm half asleep from doing an all nighter again - and I should have stopped by your blog around 7am I think when my day started for real.
Hehehe..

Gorgeous creation Lisa - cool idea.. and yup! With you all the way on the day wear! :))
Fabby POWs - love 'em all.
Hugs,
Karen.xx

Margaret said...

LOVE your party fund container!! I'm not sure my shimmery and elegants would even fit me anymore! -If I could even find some in my closet!
If this gorgeous image doesn't inspire one to save their pennies for a little 'me time', I don't know what would!
Your colorful description of your wardrobe really rings true to so many of us! Often I come home from working with the kids and DH will ask what is on my pants. I'm sure he really doesn't want to know and usually, I don't want to think about what it could be!