Saturday, April 7, 2012

Livin' La Vida....

Helllllloooooo there! I am so happy that you stopped in today, well any day you visit is wonderful, but I'm just thrilled to 'see you' here again. 
I have a fairly simple card today, but I think it depicts exactly what it's supposed to for our challenge going on over at
where the theme for this challenge is....
THINGS WITH WINGS
I really admire the uniqueness of these peacock feathers, titled Beautiful Blocks-Life In Color at Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  Background papers were picked to draw out the hues of the feathers and the bird paper compliments the theme as well.  The feathers were colored with copics, a simple ribbon and bow were added with a centerpiece flower.  For additional texture, I punched out eight squares and foam layered with papers that accented the feathers as well.  The sentiment was recreated on the PC and placed to the side for fairly CAS look.
That's it for this card, but there's even more amazing inspiration over at
The Squirrel & The Fox by the other fantastic DT ladies.
 A sincere thank you as well to our generous sponsor who is providing the winner's prize!
I hope you have an amazing day!
Think things with wings....
hugs,
Lisa xx

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome coloring on those feathers and I love the originality of this card.
Hugs,
L1

Patricia St Martin said...

Great job my friend. I really love the way you colored your feathers you did a stunning job. Your layout is wonderful and I just love your sentiment.
Hugs, Patricia

Sandy S said...

This post certainly caught my eye! I do love what you've done!

Sandy S

scribblesbysandy.blogspot.com

Karen T said...

very original with the use of the peacock feathers. Beautiful!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow those peacock feathers are gorgeous. LOve the card
Lisa x

Tracey said...

Absolutely stunning as always. I love the way you did the 8 punched squares, looks fabulous.
Tracey
x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Lisa this is stunning...love those feathers and the beautiful layout :)

Karina said...

Such a lovley card, Lisa. I love this image and what you made with it. Gorgeous colouring and very beautifully embellished as well.
Have a happy Easter!
Hugs, Karina

Karen said...

Honey this card is simply amazing - it's a real "eye catcher" - smiles.
Love the deep colours, just love it!

Hugs.
Karen.
(P.S. Hope those phantom back pains have eased some.. Lol.)xx

TC said...

Very elegant. I love the layers, & textures. x

Mitralee said...

This is lovely with the clean lines and fancy feather!

Tracy said...

Ah, time to play comment catch up. :-) I am lovin' those peacock feathers girl! You've colored them perfectly and I love all the other little things you did to make them pop. This is a stunner Twang! :-)

Margaret said...

You did an amazing job on the peacock feathers! Gorgeous coloring!! I love how all of your DSP goes with the whole wings theme and that ribbon is fabulous!!
Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am certain that I've made the correct career choice in being a teacher... short term nursing is ok, but would not want to do this all the time!