Monday, February 11, 2013

Imagine...

Welcome back!
I have today a beautiful image from a new artist at Squigglefly and her name is Gayle Seach. When I received this digital stamp I fell in love with it. The history that lays in this Bush Shack speaks volumes. Really makes you sit back and imagine what life would have been like living here. I couldn't wait to color it up and it needed to fit the challenge happening at Squigglefly this week of Pink and Black Combo! Might be a bit hard to see, but I've added pink hues to the sunrise just above the trim of the roof.  Loved placing this plaque of imagine below it because that's exactly what it made me do.
I find myself often staring into the fields and woods when we're on a long drive and when I see old dilapidated buildings, they speak more of a history and era of time I'll never truly understand and it makes me wonder what life would have been like back in the day.
Here is a photo of an old abandoned home in Kansas.  Can you imagine living in these deep woods with no electricity, no running water and just you and nature coinciding side by side and totally dependent upon yourself for survival. We are all so blessed today, but what a life it had to of been.

Here is another photo.
 More than 150 years after the last wagon train traversed the Santa Fe Trail, these swales (deep ruts) can still be seen in Douglas County, east of Baldwin City.
It's truly unbelievable to stand out here in the middle of nothing and see the actual wagon wheel ruts. To bend down and touch them and imagine carrying all your belongings, your family  and venturing forth for a new life in the middle of nowhere and no civilization for miles....truly inspiring and makes you realize the strength of the human spirit to endure all the hazards and miles they traveled.


So thanks to Gayle for bringing back those wonderful memories and for preserving history in her beautiful artwork.  
Sadly, this will be my final post for Squigglefly as I am stepping down, but I've truly enjoyed the journey with you all and thank you so much for the amazing opportunity to DT alongside all these fabulous crafters and artists. You all will be missed!
Hugs n' Happy Stamping,
Lisa xx
Remember Pink and Black Combo 
at

26 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely fabulous. Your colouring is stunning.

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, how sad to know you are leaving! I will miss crafting with you! Today's card is beautiful!

richardbreaks said...

This is ding dang gorgeous, Lisa. Reminds me of some of the areas around me while I was growing up in Florida!

Sonia said...

Fabulous card with this beautiful image dearest Lisa^_^
Happy week beginning^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Unknown said...

LOL ding dang gorgeous, hee hee. Got a chuckle out of that Richard but it truly is ding dang gorgeous. Wowza, amazing coloring on this image L2! I love old homes too and the history behind them. TFS!!! Hugs

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is stunning Lisa your colouring is out of this world!!
Kevin xx

Holly Young said...

Lisa, we'll all miss you at Squigglefly! Your card is so very pretty - love your coloring!

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Lisa, it's Monday and I already miss you at MIM. LOL.... Love your amazing coloring on this pretty image and two pretty photos. ^_^

Chrissy said...

OH! Lisa...this is gorgeous...wonderful colouring..making me feel all nostalgic..looks like my Nanas house years ago..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Tracy said...

Oh you've touched on one of my favorite things Twang--history. I love to do genealogy and just thinking about where those people lived and how they got there, what they did there--totally fascinating to me. The CAS style is definitely different for you, but boy does it pack a punch. Hugs! H

Pia S said...

You've really brought this image to life with beautiful coloring and a clean design!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow what a fabulous image - coloured beautifully
Lisa x

DesignerDiva said...

Amazing colouring Lisa - you are a very talented lady!
Hugs Laurie xx

Ina G said...

Wow Lisa this really is stunning and a beautiful image to colour as beautifuly as you did. Love looking back at the olden days so much beauty there.

Kathy Bradley said...

Lisa,
Your card and coloring is gorgeous. I'm so sorry to see you step down from Squigglefly, but wish you well on your future endeavors!

Karon said...

WOW Lisa - this is just amazing/beautiful/stunning. I love the way you have coloured it - gorgeous. Have a fabulous week. Karon

Shanna Shands said...

Beautiful coloring.

Sandy said...

You are a romantic aren't you -- but I must admit it leads you into a beautiful world of creativity. Beautifully done sugar!
Sandy

lalkygirl said...

hi lisa....MIM misses you already !!!
Love this project,fab colouring as always and i love the pics you shared...
happy crafting
tracey x

Shirley-Anne said...

BREATHE TAKING , Lisa .

wannabcre8tive said...

I love it. Your coloring is so fabulous.

Charlene Mitchell said...

OMGoodness Lisa, this is just stunning! wow! your colouring is incredible! So sorry to hear you are leaving the DT. I have enjoyed working with you and I'm sure I'll continue to see you in Blogland. Be sure to pop in to the challenges . . .

Shahrul Niza said...

LOVE the card, the barn really brings back those days from the old wild west :). I especially LOVE both photos of the beautiful nature, and the old house in Kansas. I feel like a little Laura Ingles :). I guess very quiet life, busy with primitive art maybe? And more time to enjoy the little things although they might not have much like we have today. We are so blessed :).

Mitralee said...

Great post! I really love that image too, so lovely! Thanks for some good memories too!

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

What an awesome way to end your tenure at Squigglefly. Just beautiful.

Margaret said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love the detail on the digi and your coloring is amazing! We must truly be kindred spirits, because I often find myself wondering what happened to the people who lived in those long abandoned homes. It always makes me feel a little sad too that for years the homes were filled with life and now they are left to be reclaimed by nature...
Love the pictures you shared too!