Saturday, February 2, 2013

Kiss Me You Fool!


Take a little trip with me through retro TV Land and imagine yourself sitting in a classroom. As you look around, you see 'Greasers' everywhere and Afros are the stylin' hairdo.  The teacher approaches the blackboard and writes, "Who dislikes making masculine cards?" Suddenly from behind you, you hear..."Ooh Ooh Ooh, Mr. Kotter-r-r-r, pick me, pick me!!"  That's right, I'm sitting right behind you playing the role of the lovable Arnold Horshack.  
What is it about masculine cards that cause my brain to seize up? Well, it's several factors, but for the sake of not dragging this post out further, I'd like to share my contribution to the world of manly-man cards and a fun little tip too. 
This week at Our Creative Corner, I will be hosting and the theme I have selected is Make Mine Mushy!  There is a little twist, I've also designed a sketch to use. Here's the skinny...
Create a Valentine card using the sketch below
The sketch can be rotated and we need to be able to see all the elements from the original sketch, but used however you like. Follow it exactly or alter it as long as all elements are present.
Now let me show you a closeup of one of the elements....
Want a fun tip to add more texture to your masculine cards?
Well then, I mustache you to read the following picture....
So there you go...It's almost Valentine's Day and now you have a sketch to work with, some goofy inspiration, a little nostalgia from times past and if you step over to Our Creative Corner, you'll find even more outstanding motivation from my team.  Just remember, MAKE MINE MUSHY!!

Hugs n' Happy Crafting,
Lisa xx

22 comments:

Mary J said...

Fantastic! I totally adore the detail and that layout is amazing! I love your art, Lisa!

DesignerDiva said...

OMG I love those moustaches Lisa where did you get them I need them!! Fantastic card I love your humour
Hugs Laurie x

Karon said...

Oh My Goodness - this is so super cute. I love all the details and what a fabulous take on the sketch. Have a great weekend.

Pia S said...

Fun sketch and a fun male card!

Katy said...

This card is so awesome! I Love it!! The mustaches and ties are great! :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Oh Lisa I love this, the moustaches are fabulous I like the glasses it is brilliant!!
Kevin xx

Words and Pictures said...

Another big grin spreading over my face as I read one of your posts and look at your fabulous project!! What a hoot, and fabulously funky at the same time... I love it. And a great sketch too...
Alison x

Paper Profusion said...

A fab post as ever Lisa but yet again outdone by your wonderful creation. This is totally brilliant (and majorly fun). I love your card. Thank-you for being you! Nicola x

Tammy said...

You must go a lot farther back than Mr. Kotter to hear me say "pick me"! Fun and fantastic card!

Chrissy said...

Who's Mr Kotter I ask...I only had eyes for John Travolta..fabulous Lisa, I love the ties and what a clever idea for the mustache..your'e a trick[funny girl]..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Brilliant card LIsa, love the layout! Hugs Frea

Sharon Wheet said...

Lisa, OMGoodness! Your card is a masterpiece! I loved Welcome Back Carter. {smile}
I really like how you used the ticket shape to create your rectangles. Very clever!
and thanks for the tip on how to create the mustache. Love the whole mushy look of your card!
I know folks will find some inspiration from your card. Very creative! hugs, sharon w.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

FUN and FABULOUS!!!

Sue Ann F. said...

OMG! What a great card. I love that it is out of the box and so original. Great creativity. Thanks for sharing.

Mitralee said...

Adorable! Of course, squiggle eyes get me every time! Love your idea! I see you have been putting good use to your cutter too!

Have a good Sunday!

Unknown said...

Such a fun card - very original!

Annie said...

Oh Lisa this is such a fun make and I love the post.....made me laugh x what a hoot you are x

Annie x x

Shahrul Niza said...

Oh how I LOVE this one!! Keeps me smiling, Lisa!. Hugs

Sandy said...

Kiss me slobber lips - OH I guess you know that one. I have never kissed a man (or woman for that matter) with a mustache. Cute!!
Sandy

Meihsia Liu said...

What a fun card, Lisa. Love the cute elements and your sentiment. I really enjoy this challenge! :)

Lili said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I love all the elements, and thanks for the tip on how to paint a mustache. Thanks for the fun challenge.
Hugs ;)

Margaret said...

LOL! And here I had you pegged as Vinnie Barbarino!!

This is so fun and a great guy card! Love the texture on the mustache too!