Wednesday, February 27, 2013

How It All Began...

'Twas late the night o' Christmas Eve whilst other boys were goofing, but not the three you see before, for they had destiny.  Bundled in their downy coats the trio set out to singing.
Some would laud, some would clap, some would ask for autographs, so nary once did they give up, to be the best around.  Lads they were, barely a hair grew from their cheeks, but wow the crowds, they did indeed with their tenor, baritone and occasional squeak of puberty.
Far and wide in their little town, they were crowned of sorts, a celebrity.  They'd pack the streets, the tents, the pubs, even once ol' Ms. Murphy's bakery. 
Legends they are and always will be...from those they left behind. So if you're ever in Carlingford, sit a spell and take a pint and smile as you hear the tale of  three best friends that sang from their hearts, affectionately known as We Three Kings.
We Three Kings
Each time I see one of Dr. Digi's House of Stamps images, I can't immediately put them on anything. I have to color them up and study them for days. There is such a story to each of these characters and when I saw this stamp, I knew there needed to be more to the story.
The 3 young men grew up and went off to college to pursue their singing careers. They met a few other men along the way and well.....maybe you've heard of them? 
Here they are now, all grown up and shaving and they've changed their name just a little.
Enjoy....


Thank you so much for the visit and I hope you've enjoyed this little story...
This will be my last post with Dr. Digi's House of Stamps, but as you can see I always have the BEST time with the Dr.'s images. Don't miss out on the fun, run on over and tell him hi and check out the hilariously wonderful selection of digital stamps!
Hugs n' Happy Stamping,
Lisa xx


21 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

An absolutely stunning tag Lisa. Your colouring is so professional and I love how you have introduced your beautiful creation.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Marie-Louise said...

Fabulous tag and story. You have the most fabulous imagination and you always make me laugh.

ScrapSoon said...

What a cute TAG and such a fun story to read.
Great job!

Have a wonderful day

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a lovely story, Lisa. Love the fun image and your great design on this tag. ^_^

Tip Top said...

I'm still a follower so shall keep in touch that way - shall miss you and your fab stories!

Karon said...

Wonderful Lisa - I love the little stories you come up with for the stamps. I remember the King Singers - whether thats a good thing or no!! Fabulous tag Lisa, love the colours.

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is fabulous Lisa, your colouring id perfect, I like the back story and the buttons
Kevin xx

Mary J said...

Oh that is coloured so beatifully, Lisa! Love the blue lace and snowflakes too!

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Lisa, and loved the story, and haven't they done well...even Mr Bean joined in on the end..I'm listening while commenting...but the fellow on the end does look like Mr Bean..
Brilliant colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Annie said...

Lisa your story telling is fab and your makes stunning.

Thank you for sharing. Hope your muscles are now relaxed after your wonderful makeover.

Hugs Annie x

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow what fabulous colouring and a brilliant image
Lisa x

Mitralee said...

Oh goodness! They are adorable! I was curious to see what your video was! I like the glitter...well, I always like glitter, but in this case, I extra like it!

Lori said...

You're the best at creating stories - I always enjoy the reading as much as the project! Beautiful coloring!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh I'll miss your story telling with these images as much as your fantastic colouring and inventive card-making - and Danny Boy from the Kings Singers - could a girl ask for anything more (other than the line up I grew up with, but I guess these newbies will do!!)?
Alison xx

Tammy said...

Sniff, sniff, I"m going to miss you! Wonderful card and great story! Best of luck to all you do, I'll be watching!

Tracy said...

I'm slower than a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter Twang. sigh... Playing catch up again and how cool to find out that we played with the Dream twins this week! Always fun to come see what kind of fun and imaginative stuff you've come up with. Hope you've recovered from your remodeling job. :-) Hugs!

Unknown said...

Woooow, one more wonderful card!!!!

Pia S said...

Great inspiration for a tag! Whenever I try and sit down to make a tag my mind just goes blank. I haven't quite figured out how to decorate such a small space yet...

Sandy said...

First of all I love your design - love all your papers and the way you did your bow. But most of all I loved reading what you wrote to go with these three Merry Men!
Sandy

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Your story telling is as wonderful as your card making. Doctor Digi's will certainly miss you. They can't help but to.

You've been stepping down or finishing up terms with a a lot of DT's lately. I really hope it is because you need a break or want to move on to something different and not because of anything too serious.

Margaret said...

Who would have thought that those three would become so famous! :)

Your tag is as fabulous as your story! I love the glittery accents and your coloring is gorgeous!!