Thursday, December 6, 2012

12 Tags Of Christmas #10

Is it just me or does anyone else hear Pink Floyd playing in their head?
I know this tin is for the Christmas tree and as many times as I tried to force a classic Bing Crosby or Elvis holiday tune into my thoughts, all that kept coming out was "All in all it was just a brick in the...All in all it was all just bricks in the wall."  Anywho...
The last tag for Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas is coming to an end. She has posted up her final inspiration tag and so I'm feeling the pressure to finish them up by the 17th of December. I'll be like the little train that could, "I think I can, I think I can, I can ...I can."
 
Here is Linda's gorgeous Tag 10
I just about flipped. Doesn't this look exactly like a chimney? A glorious conglomeration of goodies to choose from and be inspired by.  Without a doubt, the brick, droopy woopy bits of snow, the vintage ornament and the holly drew me in. 
So here again is a look at how I interpreted her tag on my Altoids can.
The brick base was created by painting a generous layering of gesso and while still damp, I pressed the brick embossing folder down into the gesso leaving the imprint.  Using Distress Ink markers (Thank you SO much Shelby...I love them!) I've colored in the bricks.  The snow is packed around the edges of the lid and droopy wooped as well with this magical stuff called Snow-Tex.
A vintage ornament with holly leaves, bakers twine, wooden button and faux berries tops off the brick wall.   A little festive gel sticker M for our monogram.
 
There's still time to play along and if you need more inspiration, there is TONS of it at The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas posts!  The lovely prize up for grabs is also from Linda's store
which is sponsoring this challenge. 
 It's a win win!!
 
Thank you so much for your very appreciated time.
hugs and happy stamping,
Lisa xx
 



15 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Just love your Altoid version of Linda's tag - the little bauble looks amazing, and I love your twine bow! Another fabulous entry...
Alison x

LeAnne said...

I actually said "OH MY GOSH" out loud (and my husband wondered what in the world I was doing) when I saw this creation. AMAZING! Who would know that it used to be a lowly Altoid tin? Gorgeous!

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

You and those Altoid tins. Great job on the tags.

Hugs,
L.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Stunning - I love the vintage ornament and the brick effect is fabulous.

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Hi, I came over from MIM because I loved your snowman "Holly-day Wishes" but every one of your cards are amazing. I fell in love with the brick. Blessings, Lisa

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Q
The best element for me is the Monogram that you have added, it just looks wonderful on the ornament.
Oodles and oodles of yummy texture too, and your bricks turned out fantastic.
I think this is one of my favourites that you have made.I am sure you will complete the Challenge Q there is still 10 days to go!!!!
Smiles:)
O

Tracy said...

Oh yeah this is amazing! Love the bricks and that cool Snow Tex. Guess I know what I'll be using my 40% off coupon at Michaels for tomorrow. LOL I really like the ornament and the bubbled letter. Cool (pun sorta intended) project Twang!

Unknown said...

Well you have certainly had fresh breath this year with all the Altoids you've been chewing. LOL I am utterly amazed with this tin L2! Freaking awesome is what it is and I love the snow. I'm with Tracy, I'll be using my coupon and pickin' some up myself. :) Truly wonderful take on Linda's tag. Congrats! Hugs, me xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The tree ornament is beautiful! You are so talented!

richardbreaks said...

Love that snow stuff. What a great effect! Awesome job, Lady.

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous!

Nicecrane Designs said...

What a creative idea,,,,,love it, love it, loe it....you inspired me.....I´ll be posting my blog hop post in some minutes,,

Shelby said...

Oooh I like the idea of gesso and embossing folder together! Glad you like the distress markers and it looks like they are being put to awesome use!
Love how this tin turned out and all of the texture is to die for!

Shelby

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is definitely a WOW!!! Love what you did with the gesso and the embossing folder to create the brick - it looks totally awesome. And that Snow-Tex stuff sounds amazing. I need to remember it for next year. Your ornament is totally gorgeous too - fabulous colors and I like the shine. Another awesome ornament for your tree. You're coming along terrific - only 2 more and you'll cross the finish line! So glad you came along with us this year for the 12 Tags!

Hugs,
Linda

Sandy said...

Hey Honey bunny!! This tin is delightful - really clever and now you have a Christmas tree covered in Altoids tins!! Honestly Lisa, no one could eat these many Altoids and live to talk about it. Your creations are absolutely delightful!
Sandy (I used the same word twice - is that allowed?)