Monday, December 17, 2012

Is It? Is It Really??

YES, winter is wonderful!!  
That is of course if you are looking out at it from the inside of your cozy warm house.
If you've been a regular to my blog, you'll know that I am not fan of heat, so feeling the cooler temperatures and awaiting the new fallen snow is something I anxiously anticipate each year; however, there is a down side. I am not, and this can be verified by pretty much anyone who knows me, or has ever been in the same vicinity as me, when I step outside INTO it.  I look like Bambi on the ice. The most ungraceful person on planet earth.  Yet, somehow I manage to pull it off like it was completely planned and choreographed that way.  Or at least I tell myself that.
This card is made to resemble my ineptitude in inclement weather!
The wonderful artist Fawn Palmer has provided Squigglefly with this enchanting little owl titled, A Winter Owl Too as well as the sentiment.  Ummm, little side note...the original image is upright on the limb, but to add a little humor and realistic touch, I decided flipping it over would be more an apropos resemblance to myself and of course, the fitting and wee bit of sarcasm in the sentiment.
Please join us over at the Squigglefly Challenge Blog for our current challenge of
Tell Me Anything!
(It's an anything goes challenge BUT it has to include a sentiment
Squigglefly has tons of $0.99 sentiments and often they come with an image.

I hope you've enjoyed my card and for more inspiration, please pop over to the challenge and see what my other fabulous teammates have created.

Hugs n' Happy Stamping,
Lisa xx


11 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Lisa, I like the sweet owl the snow and the sparkly snowflakes.
Kevin xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Just way too cute - I love the snow you added to the branches too!

Tammy said...

OMGoodness, too too funny! Absolutely delightful card and great idea to turn the image upside down!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I do love this card!
Great job!!!
xxx

Pat said...

Love your upside-down take of winter!! This owl digi has been fun to play with on my part too!!
Great card!

Chrissy said...

Nice chunky snow..love your wee owl,fab colouring, and I'm with you regarding the heat..I'm suffering at the moment..little old ladies with all the doors and windows closed as there is a breeze, and they might get a chill, while I'm sweating away cleaning their houses..phew...

Luv CHRISSYxx

wannabcre8tive said...

This is cute, I love the snowflakes and the fun owl.

Sandy said...

My favorite season is winter and I love snow. If only we could get some snow. Cute card Lisa - poor Owl, did he slip on the ice? I am sure this Owl pretending to be a bat is having a real Hoot!!!!
Sandy

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh, Lisa, this is so, so cute - and made me smile as soon as I saw it. I love the little owl upside down - adorable!

Holly Young said...

Lisa, this is so fun. turning it upside down adds a whole new side to the humor! I love your snowy background and piles of the fluffy stuff you added. I love winter too and am hoping to get a blanket of snow at least once this year!

Margaret said...

LOVE!!!! I am feeling a kindred spirit between that poor little owl and I! Winter and snow are marvelous when I can stay inside in my jammies all day, but I HATE being cold and wet!
Brilliant idea to flip the bird (hee! hee!) to make the sentiment more fitting! Wonderful winter card!!