Sunday, December 9, 2012

No Peeking!

That's right, you can't peek into this little gift bag as it's devised with a lid! Ha...no cheating, no peeking, and definitely no shaking!  And if anyone in my family ever tells you I've ever done such a thing with a particular gift, placed so tauntingly under the tree, which I thought was resealed to perfection, I'll completely deny it!
They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, so if that's the case, I'm booby trapping all my children's gifts. Bwahahahahaha...
This little bag was created for the always fun linky party at Make It Monday where our wonderful sponsor this week is Bugaboo!!  I had the pleasure of using Snowglobe Marshmallow Snowmen and added another from my collection as well, Marshmallow Snowman Snowball.
Here is the original bag from a birthday party.

Thank you to my BFF for showing me how to make these lids! I watched her make about 1000 of them on Skype the other day and couldn't resist making one myself.  
Here's with a little tissue sticking out and I still can't reveal what's inside, because there's NO peeking. However, if my kids try, they'll find the mouse trap I've planted in the paper. I'm KIDDING!!! ;)
So please come on over and join in the fun at Make It Monday and see all the ultra groovy creations by my teammates. Oh and we've also announced the winner of Visions of Sugarplums special MIM prize.
Hugs n' Happy Happy Stamping...
Lisa xx

Now for the best part, my....
The design, stitching, musical background, poinsettia focal point and glorious greenery give the most wonderful vintage appeal. A beautiful card Shelly and thank you for sharing this with us at Make It Monday.

25 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow what a transformation!! You have done an amazing job...love all of that glitter :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Lisa, this is such cute creation. Love the lid idea. The marshmallow snow men are so adorable in the glittered snow.... :)

Sandy said...

What a great gift bag.. love all the sparkle and glitter.. I tend not to do snow on things because its hot here at Christmas.. I love looking at all of your glittery snowy things..
Sandy :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Lisa!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your snowglobe is perfect
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Tracy said...

Sorry I'm so behind chick. Can't seem to get caught up but I have checked all your posts out and as usual they run the gamut of fun to super clever! The lid on this one is pure genius. I always hate that you can peek in those gift bags. LOL Maybe you could use those sticky mouse traps for your kids. ;-) Always something interesting here Twang. Hugs!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi there Lisa .
Fabulous tease that you are , you are also awesome papercraft artist .Love the "lid"and snow globe too.
Shelly's card has a beautiful vintage feel to it as your POTW .
Shirley-Anne

Greta said...

Absolutely adorable! Love your snow!

Chrissy said...

Oh! There's gifts under my daughters tree, that almost look like they have been tampered with, but it wasn't me ....honest...and the one that rattles!...well, I didn't shake that one either...it's true I tell you...anyway, your bag with lid is wonderful Lisa, love the snowmen and sparkle..and such a lovely POTW..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Fabulous remake of a bag! Love the lid and wow that snow globe is super cute and adorable snowman on the lower bit. Love all the papers - wonderful.

Mary J said...

Fantastic bag, Lisa! Who needs a present in it too?!

Deirdre said...

Love how you altered the bag - so fun.

Paper Profusion said...

That gift bag is so fabulous I would be happy with it alone and wouldnt need anything inside! Nicola x

Antonella said...

Love this!!! This looks like you had a lot of fun making this :-) Let's play!
Hugs,
antonella :-)

MiniOwner said...

Oh my that's lovely!
Sue x (MiniOwner @26)

Pia S said...

You've done a great job transforming this birthday gift bag into one perfect for wrapping up Christmas gifts! Love the die cut holly border, and the snow globe tag fits this bag perfectly. And tons of glitter too - just fab!

Words and Pictures said...

Seems I've fallen behind again... or you're working super-fast!! LOVE the colour combination on this, and the fab sparkly snow... very cool!
Alison x

Tammy said...

Ahh, what's the fun if there's no peaking! Fabulous box and lid and I love, love the cute tag!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous gift bag transformation! I love the chunky snow glitter and love the gift bag lid. The Altoid tins are fabulous too- WOW!
Thank You so much for choosing my card to feature on your blog- Thank You so much!!!

lalkygirl said...

what a fab idea ...love that it has a no peek lid..lol
thw snowman is so sweet
tracey x

Unknown said...

I love this darling altered bag and the fun Bugaboo images. Those snowmen look like they are having snow much fun. Hahahahaha! I hear ya on having to booby trap presents. ;) This is a great way to dress up an old bag and make it new again. Love it!!! Hugs

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Really cool gift bag and what a great pick of the week too!

Hugs,
L.

Michelle said...

Hi Lisa

Wow, love this bag make over!! That snow globe is just gorgeous. The added glitter looks amazing.

Your POTW is a beauty.

Michelle :o)

Marjorie said...

So Sorry a little (a lot) late on my rounds this week hun, fabulous card and so glittery!.. lovely pick for this week too!..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Sandy said...

Love the idea of the lid and wow!!! what a wondrous transformation of your recycled gift bag, I need to find out how to make these lids!!! Fab POTW too
Hugs, Sandy