Friday, December 14, 2012

Soda Bottle Candy Jar Gift Sets

I try to purchase as little as I can of glass items from the commissary, as they are not recycled in this area, but in the rare case that I have to, I prefer to save them for using sometime down the road.  Well, the road ended and I found the opportunity to make a couple Soda Bottle Candy Jar and Card Gift Sets.
To begin, I've had the honor of using the gorgeous vintage images from Nicecrane Designs and this little girl dancing with her dolled up cat is from 

The process began by cleaning and removing labeling. Once done, I made an oval masking of contact paper and placed it on the jar where I wanted a etched look.  Using Armour Etch Glass Cream, I applied it to the oval area and let sit for five minutes. Rinsing this off, what remained was a clear glass jar with a center etched  area, all ready for a wonderful vintage image.  The image I colored was then scanned, down sized on the computer, shape changed to an oval and then when done, added directly to the etching with Mod Podge.
Acrylic white paint was then sponged about a 1/4" away from the etching to show a little clear glass, and then the entire remaining surface was dabbed white. Little wooden knobs were glued to the bottom as well for some more character. When dry, an acrylic clear coat was sprayed to protect the paint.  Decorations were then added to coordinate.

A tag comes with the Soda Glass Candy Jar as well and matches the components used on the jar.
Here is the matching gift card, still using the same elements found on the jar and the tag.  This is the original image that I colored in copics, that was sized down in the computer to fit on the jar.  A little crotchet doily I made to fit on the card as I was using the Mojo Monday #271 sketch for inspiration. 

That was one for a girl and now, one for a boy!
The same exact technique was employed for this set as well.
Using the wonderful image from Nicecrane Designs again in the set

I carried out the western scene as this little lad is propped on his horse getting his hat ready to ride while his side kick awaits.

 The matching gift card that also uses the same image and the sketch from Mojo Monday.
For a little extra fun, I paper pieced actual newspaper onto his hat for a more realistic look.  
So happy you stopped in today and I hope you've found a little inspiration in these items.  Also, a very warm welcome to my newest followers and thank you always for the kindest messages you leave me.
Hugs n' Happy Crafting to you all,
Lisa xx

Challenges I would like to enter:
Mojo Monday - Sketch #271

24 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Lisa these sets are fabulous, I like the images and all the embellishments.
Kevin xx

cebelica said...

Oh wow, these are all gorgeous. I love all of your projects! Hugs! xx

Mary J said...

Just so gorgeous, Lisa - perfect detail as usual and love this muted soft colourway!

Angelica said...

Love the colors and the stars are so beaytiful, love how you put them on the twine.

Karon said...

WOW Lisa - these are amazing - how creative can you get! Fabulous.

Tammy said...

Wow, wow, wow! Absolutely beautiful and so very creative! We should call you wonder woman with such creative genius!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lisa such adorable projects you have shared
Cheers
Dr Sonia
soniasv@rediffmail.com

Nicecrane Designs said...

Abslutely a ture treasury Lisa, love these soda bottles,,,,,and matching cards,,,,,,,.My fav is the one gfor girls,,,,,,,I love how you add each detail,,,,to get the perfect creation OMG, love your coloring,,,and all over these vintage look you get,,,,,,,.Absolutely a play of Art.You used my Digi Stamps on this collection perfectly my friend.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh my goodness, they're gorgeous, Lisa! How clever to colour and then shrink (not sure my printer's up to that sadly, so I'd have to recolour the whole time!!) - and the way you've combined the images with those gorgeous natural materials and textures is just fantastic - jaw-droppingly lovely gift-wrapping!
Alison x

Shari said...

So beautiful! Would you mind if I posted your blog on my website under "My Inspiration" ? I would love to see what you do each post. Just let me know, thanks! Am joining your site and do you post on Pinterest?

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Lisa this is such an awesome gift set. Love the vintage theme and all the lovely finishing touches.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Doing Life 400 Follower Give Away}

Connie said...

I'm back . . . I can not get enough of your amazing art. You totally Rock!!! I especially like the card with the little girl and her cat in front of that wonderful sheet music. Bravo . . . you certainly set the bar, high :)
Come over and enter my Give-Away.
Happy Holidays.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Chrissy said...

What an awesome project Lisa, love the image with the little girl and the cat...so cute.Love the vintage look and the details..the soft colours...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow i love these they are fabulous gift sets .. cant decide between the boys or the girls ... but i do love that dancing kitty!
Hope you are well... sorry havent popped over in a while
Lisa x

krcmasterpiece said...

Your jars are gorgeous! I love altering items as well. Isn't it rewarding?

Love your colors & embellishments!

Ina G said...

Gee Lisa your imagination suns wild with everything you make. This is just fabulous and you always come up with something sooooo unique and out of this world.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Awesome! Perfect upcycling and a perfect gift too! Love how you decorated this!

Kelly said...

These are gorgeous and I love how you used the images. The bottle with the falling stars is so creative. I love shabby chic and using the crochet talents you have with the raffia ribbons are perfect with the images. Great gifts here.
Hugs Kelly

Jeanne J. said...

Wow What beautiful nostalgic images - you've shown them to their best advantage making me want them all Lisa! Love the flower and the crochet and your lovely shading on the childrens outfits - fabric can be so hard to shade just right! Not for you though!

Cheryl said...

These are all so gorgeous! I saw them on the Nicecrane blog and had to take a closer look.

Anonymous said...

OMG lisa how busy have you been creating these master pieces! that are to stinking awesome! I love the stars you must do a tutorial for those! and I love all your crochet, love the organic feel this give me and love the texture you have too! hugs me xx

Sandy said...

One - I love the fact that you can use items for another purpose. I am also amazed how you know to do everything you do!!! Lisa - why are you not writing a detailed book on how to do this. There are so many of us old ladies that don't have a clue and would dearly love to see pictures and step by step instructions. I know with all my heart that you are the most creative person I have ever seen. Wow!! Now did I forget number 2?
Sandy
Sandy

Unknown said...

Beautiful coloring on these images L2! Each one is so pretty and love the variety of your projects. The collage sheet are gorgeous and you've showcased them well my friend. Hugs

Margaret said...

These are great! I love that you repurposed the bottles into such a fantastic,and usable, device! Once again, your embellishments continue the story and theme of your images perfectly!
Had to chuckle at the poor kitty. My MIL tells a story about their family cat that never liked her after she dressed it up and put lipstick on it's mouth. Go figure?!